From Rigs of Rods Wiki
This page exists as a clarification for the following rule:
Do not beg or pester
What is begging?
- Do not ask for someone to release something.
- Do not ask when something will be released.
- Do not ask an author to post his/her creation.
- Do not ask for any updates of a project.
- Do not tell someone to create something.
- Do not ask / tell an author to include updated pictures of his/her project.
- Do not bump your topic to say "plz can ne1 help me plsplspls".
- Because it's impolite. Nobody gets paid here. Everyone is a volunteer. Projects may be done quickly, or they may be done slowly, or they may even languish and die. Do not be impolite towards people taking their time to contribute. You are *encouraged* to offer praise. You are *not allowed* to make demands.
So I can't make any suggestions?
- You can absolutely make suggestions, as long as they aren't cloaked begging.
- I suggest you release this would be begging. I suggest you change the windows in X way is probably not begging.
- There's a difference between asking someone to do something, and suggesting a method of doing something they're already doing...
- Also, it's about politeness. The more polite you are; the more helpful you're being; the less likely it is that something will be taken to be begging.
Why can't this be a clearer guideline?
- I wish it was. If you have a suggestion on how to better differentiate, by all means, say something.