From Rigs of Rods Wiki
Nothing to display.
To install download this file which is toolkit
And this python 2.5.4
Last widget 2.8.9
Then follow the steps to install
- Requirement 1: Apparently, you need Python 2.5.1. If you don't have it, the installer asks you if you want to install it.
- Requirement 2: The corresponding RoR version, of course! e.g.If you downloaded the toolkit 0.34 rc3, you need 0.34.
- Download the latest toolkit installer from the repository and install that..
If your toolkit does not work on windows7, this might help:
Toolkit uses python - so does blender..
each version of blender uses a different version of python..
=> if you have an old and a new version of blender installed you also have more than one python on your machine..
if one of those versions is not compatible with toolkit, it may refuse to start:
To solve that problem, try this:
1. open the toolkit start.bat in text-editor and remove the "rem" from the last line
that way the toolkit will report you the problem before it closes.. => that problem will most likely be something like "python version x.y is not compatible"
2. go to your c:/
there you will find a folder like
rename that folder to something like "pythonx.yfoo" and open toolkit (most likely without problem)
after that, one of your blenders will no longer work propperly.. - in my case it was 2.46 - each time I want to use that blender version, I have to rename the python folder back to the original name and blender works again..
vice-versa for the toolkit
- Install some dependencies:
svn co http://svn.wxwidgets.org/svn/wx/wxWidgets/trunk/ wxw svn co http://svn.wxwidgets.org/svn/wx/wxPython/trunk/ wx cd wxw sh autogen.sh ./configure make sudo make install cd ../wx python setup.py install
- wxGTK with unicode support
- svn co https://sourceforge.net/projects/roreditor/ rortoolkit
cd rortoolkit ./rortoolkit
How to Patch for 0.36 Windows = =
After you have installed everything under Installation you need to download this patch
Extract all the Winrar Archive to where you "Start.bat" is located which is where you installed the toolkit
After extracting click "start.bat"
Now you should be patched for 0.36
You can view a video tutorial here:
See here: Mod Creator