From Rigs of Rods Wiki
A turbo jet is a jet engine that you could add to anything. (ie: Truck, car , plane, boat.)A simple turbo jet section looks like this:
turbojets ;nodefront, nodeback, nodeside, is_reversable, dry_thrust(kN), wet_thrust(kN), front_diameter, back_diameter, nozzle_length 421, 426, 428, 1, 200.5, 220.1, 1.2, 1.0, 0.01
For an example I am going to add a turbojets to the Twin Otter.
You must define this in the turbojets section.
- nodefront - a node at the air intake
- nodeback - a node at the base of the nozzle
- nodeside - a node at the side of the engine, for reference.
- is_reversable - Unused
- dry thrust - the thrust without afterburner (in kilonewtons)
- wet thrust - the total thrust with afterburner, or zero if it does not apply.
- front diameter - Unused
- back diameter - the nozzle diameter
- nozzle length - the length of the nozzle. This will automatically add a nozzle prop at the end of the engine, with the diameter and length specified.
You just define the jet between two nodes on any vehicle.
If you want to find out what nodes to use use the ror_editor and use print nodes on the top left.
Here is how it would look after-wards.