From Rigs of Rods Wiki
- The repository is for finished or nearly finished content only. Use the forum to post early test versions.
- It is preferred that vehicles are packed in zip format for easy installation.
- Zips must not have subfolders. All relevant files must be in the root directory of the zip. Source files and templates for skins are also fine.
- "Readme" files are allowed, but game play information should be noted in the description.
- A zip file that is uploaded and does not adhere to the packs formatted will be rejected.
- "Mass" packs which contain many vehicles that are already available on the repo will be rejected.
- You may not upload the file for someone else.
- You must include at least one preview picture of your mod.
- You may only upload files related to RoR. The repository accepts the following file formats:
- terrn, zip, truck, airplane, trailer, load, boat, train, png, dds, skinzip
- Creating new tags is not allowed. Please contact a repo admin if you are missing an important tag.
Guidelines for Original Uploads
- Your vehicle must not violate any existing copyrights.
- If you're using parts from another vehicle or website, you need to get permission from the author, state the author and the source.
- Using parts from the Google 3D Warehouse is forbidden. More information here: http://www.rigsofrods.com/threads/82447-Google-Sketchup-Warehouse-Taking-models-Banned
- Trying to post stolen content will get you an infraction.
Guidelines for Modifications
- Vehicle must not conflict with the original. They should be able to be in the game side-by-side with no errors.
- No minor modifications. This means no mods with simply engine modifications. No "flares only" mods.
- Modified skins must be of decent quality (no MS Paint skins) with transparent windows (if appropriate).
- Skins can be uploaded as either the single image file, or as a Skinzip file.
- If you are not the file author, you must ask permission from the original author(s) and give credit in the description.
- If the author has asked not to upload any kind of mods to his vehicle/terrain/other content, you have to accept his decision.
- Vehicles made by Pricorde are available for editing: "There is no need to ask me for permission to modify a truck or terrain I have made. Permission is granted as long as it is made with respect and with appropriate credits."
- If you are modifying a vehicle whose author has no guidelines for modification, your mod must also fall under the same category. This means that you cannot take a free-to-edit vehicle, re-skin it and state no modifications.