How to participate in races
From Rigs of Rods Wiki
Participating in a race and adding your time to the scoreboards is actually very simple:
- First download the latest game: Download.
- Now you'll need some terrains with built-in races, you can find some here. Note: Not all terrains may have online races set-up, meaning that your scores will not be added to any scoreboard.
- Next Register for an account at the Official Rigs of Rods Forum. (If you don't already have one.)
- Then add your Usertoken to the Configurator under the "Settings" and "Gameplay" tabs.
- And finally complete a lap on any online-scoring terrain. Your race data will be submitted automatically. But it may take some time to be able to view your race rank, the website has a lot of race data to sort through and compare your's to. So please be patient.
- Remember, some races have a required vehicle, so be sure to have downloaded the specified vehicle if you want to participate in races that have a required vehicle.
- If you leave a truck mid-race, the timer will pause itself, and a notice saying "Get back in the vehicle!" will appear in the chat. The timer will resume when you reenter the truck you started with.
- Switching trucks mid-race is NOT allowed. If you do so, the race will be aborted. Same goes for reinitializing trucks.
Now you're free to compete in races as you please!
If you want to participate in a race that only supports "verified vehicles", you need to download and use any of the Repository vehicles without modifying the vehicle in any way. But not all vehicles are verified. Being verified means that certain vehicles' times are allowed to be counted as "official" times on some races.