How to Download .RAR Files
From Rigs of Rods Wiki
Welcome, this is a tutorial on how to download .rar files. You will need to download a program supporting the file format .rar. This tutorial covers instructions for WinRAR and 7-zip.
NOTE: As WinRAR is nagware, 7-zip may be preferred.
First, you have to download WinRAR.
- You will have to find a .rar file that you want to download.
- Save your .rar file to your desktop or a designated folder.
- If you haven't already, open WinRAR.
- Make sure that you are viewing your folder or desktop in WinRAR.
- Double-click on your .rar file to open it.
- On the top of the program, there will be a toolbar that has extraction options. I recommend using Extract here.
- Select all of the files that you just extracted and put them in the corresponding folder that they are (Example: data/trucks).
- Save your .rar files if you want to keep them.
First, you will need to download the program 7-zip.
- You will have to find a .rar file you want to download.
- Save your .rar file to your desktop or a designated file.
- If you haven't already, open up 7-zip (not necessary).
- Make sure you are viewing your desktop or designated folder.
- Right-click on your file and pick the slider 7-zip and one of the extraction options. I recommend to use Extract Here.
- Select and copy all of the files that you just extracted and copy them to the corresponding folder (Example: data/trucks).
This concludes the "How To" Download .RAR files tutorial. If you have any more questions concerning the handling of .rar files, feel free to ask in the forums.