From Rigs of Rods Wiki
Co je IRC?
IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. IRC allows people from all over the world to chat in real time all under a single network, which can consist of multiple servers.
How can I join RoR chat ?
Simply click the Chat tab at the top of the forums. If you have mIRC, ChatZilla, Pidgin, or similar IRC capable client you may join our channels (listed below) on irc.rigsofrods.org.
If you have trouble connecting using the Chat tab, visit www.java.com and select the "Free Java Download button" After downloading and installing the file, select the chat tab again, and press "Yes" or "Allow" at the window that will pop.
If you have further problems, you may contact Tomatix via forum PM to get assistance, as he's responsible for the IRC server.
|@||+/- o||This symbol marks users that are channel operators. They have the ability to remove users from a channel.|
|+||+/- v||Voiced people. Whenever the channel mode is set to moderated (+m), these people still have the opportunity to chat.|
|RoRBot||A bot provided for channel service / protection. Anyone is free to use it and request it to their channel.|
|sanobird||An utillity bot provided by our regular user sano, which let you f.ex. quickly search Google, Wikipedia, etc. It also supports .seen nickname to see when a given user was last online on the chat.|
This channel's purpose is to help new users solve issues they have with the game, as well as general discussion about RoR. It is also meant to be strictly only Rigs of Rods related topics on the #RigsOfRods channel.
- If you would like to discuss about anything offtopic (non-RoR topics), or you want to let free the kid you hide inside, type /join #Offtopic -- Please note, the #offtopic channel is not linked to Rigs of Rods in any way. If you feel offended by something in that channel, do not complain to the mods/admins on this forum, complain to some of the #Offtopic operators.
- If you need help with chatting, or questions regarding the chat or help with IRC in general, type /join #Help and ask there.
- Do not moderate the channels. That's what the channel operators are for.
- Petty fights and bigotry are not tolerated.
- No links to web pages with pornographic, offensive, and/or inappropriate content.
- The chat is not a place for requests or demands.
- No discussion about illegal things.
- Telling a user to change their nick to "user" will result in a ban for at least 2 hours. No exceptions.
- No cussing.
- Do not spam the channel repeating the same thing over and over. Type once and wait for help/answer.
- Do not over-use punctuation and caps lock. Example: "HELLOOOOOO WHY MY GAME DOESNT WORK ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"
- Do not use the main channel (#RigsOfRods) for off-topic talks, slight off-topic is allowed, but not advised.
- Do not be rude or disrespect anyone for no reason. Even if you do have a reason, expressing your anger over the chat is pointless.
- Do not use inappropriate language, or even link to web pages with pornographic, offensive, and/or inappropriate content.
- If you feel like linking the whole Youtube or your best comic site, better join the off-topic channel.
- No advertising of any form. Either that is another channel on the chat, or any attempt to persuade someone buying something.
- Any form of begging is not allowed. Either that is regarding to unbanning, or making something for you, the answer is no.
- If you have spent some time in our channel, be sure to NEVER bully new users that seek help in this channel.
- Do not post a picture of a chair on a thread unless you want to be banned.
Lastly, its advised to use proper English language, and not 1337 speak or any other shortcut system.
Failing to comply with any of these rules will be punished accordingly resulting in a warning or a kick/ban from the IRC channels and/or the RoR Forums.
Handing out personal info(e-mail, phone number, address) is your own risk.
Additionally, you must acknowledge that the Internet is a relatively unmonitored and potentially dangerous medium, and entry upon severs related to Rigs of Rods (be it forum, chat, repository, or multiplayer) thereof places you, the user, at risk of a wide spectrum of malicious incident. Though countermeasures have been implemented to protect users from such a risk, we take no responsibility for damages (in)directly incurred upon use of mediums aforementioned.
- Talk in 3rd person by issuing the following command: /me is afk
This will show up as: * YourName is afk.
- Private Chat with users by double-clicking on their name at the right hand side of the window.
- By typing /nick and then your name allows you to change your appearing name. Example: /nick George
- By typing .seen and then someone's name, you get an automated response by sanobird, containing when that person was last seen online and what names did he use. Example: .seen george
(WARNING) do not over-use this command with no reason, since that will lead to your removal from the channel.
Why is the chat window blank when I join the chatroom?
This is normal; the chat window will remain blank until you (or another person) speaks. You will then have scroll back up to the point you joined that session.