From Rigs of Rods Wiki
The Editorizer is a free program written by Ben for making vehicles.
>>> rorEditorSetup.zip <<<
- Appropriate runtime files
- If the program doesn't start, it could be because you are missing one or more of the require dependency files. It will come up with a message saying that you are missing some .dll or .ocx file. The easiest way to find these is just to type the filename into Google. The original setup (link not working anymore) is available if you want an old version of the Editorizer that includes a setup program with all the dependencies included.
- First download and install the original installer rorEditorSetup.zip . If windows ask you: "Do you want to keep this file?", then ask "Yes". It is due installer was made some time ago and your computer have some files newer than installer distribute. When you answer "Yes" you keep your update files without been replaced and Editorizer works fine too.
- Use the Link above for the download. Unzip both files inside into Editorizer installation folder, commonly it is C:\Program files\Rigs Of Rods Vehicle Editor\.
Once you open the program using windows start -> all programs -> Rigs of Rods Vehicle Editor, you will get the latest version. You will notice that background color is black instead old Editorizer that used to be white, nah... you can change it at Edit menu -> Color Editor ;)
- Download and extract.
- Move comdlg32.ocx to C:\Windows\system32 folder. For 64bit Vista/Win7, move comdlg32.ocx to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- Open a command line window and run following command:
- 32bits regsvr32 c:\Windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx
- 64bits regsvr32 c:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx
For a walk through on how to use the Editorizer, see Editorizer Tutorial.
This is a vehicle editor not maker! You have to start with a file and save to the same file. The file must contain a section for nodes, beams, hydros, commands, shocks, and wheels. It can be blank to begin with or when saving but the heading must be there.