Hello all, and Welcome to March 2012 screenshot of the month contest.
the theme is: ROCK CRAWLING!
the poll will be added on March 28th @ about 4:00pm AEST
- Use the forum uploader for images
- 1 screenshot per user per month
- You are allowed to change the screenshot you want to enter with, but you may not change once the poll is added
- Do not alter your screenshot in an image editing program (not even contrast or luminosity or cropping)
- attach the screenshots to your post, do not host them elsewhere. (for being able to publish them in the poll later on)
- Minimum resolution is 800*600. Minimum resolution for potential "wallpaperization": 1024*768
- All posts here should contain at least 1 picture / Don't comment pictures from other people (such posts will get instantly deleted)
- Screenshot submission in between the 10 and the 30 of the running month
- Votes in between the 1 and the 10 of the next month for the previous month (i.e. on the 10th of September, we'll get the winner for August). Multiple votes allowed.
- All votes through a poll - no votes through messages (anyone can vote)
- if the poll is not available, it means that you can't vote...
- No PM to me for further explanation
- everything should be clearly stated here
- Screenshots of Rigs of Rods only, do I need to mention it? The winner will get his screenshot "wallpaperized" to fit the present "graphical identity" of RoR. That way it CAN be included in the loading screens (does not mean it WILL, especially if you have a below 1024*768 screenshot). If you take part in this contest, and by uploading a picture on this thread, you agree that your screenshot may be used as official promotion/internal material for Rigs of Rods if needed.
First of all, have a look at this thread, it contains so much useful information: Tips-To-a-Good-Screenshot (thanks to The Admiester)In addition,- Hide the HUD (!) by pressing "U" key- Pay attention not to have the mouse cursor visible on your screenshot, or a message from caelum sky, or the message saying "wrote screenshot"- Because of the shading problems, avoid shooting vegetation at night (at least grass)- Everybody loves sunset- Analyze the top pictures of previous contest to find out what makes a nice screenshot: Screenshot-of-the-month-August-2011-CLOSED-check-for-results and Screenshot-of-the-month-September-2011-CLOSED-check-1st-post-for-results andScreenshot-of-the-month-October-2011-CLOSED-check-1st-post-for-results andScreenshot-of-the-month-November-2011-CLOSED- Show RoR at its best, so avoid:
Good luck to everyone!Thank you very much DeGa and especially SkiDooSnipe for most of this post.
- FPS versions of the maps
- Sandstorm sky (in most cases)
- Vegetation OFF
- Low sightrange
- Basic water
PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT THE MANAGER OF SOTM. But it really doesn't matter, because then there would be FLAME WARS!!
any posts with the HUD will be deleted. I WILL be enforcing that.
PLEASE DO NOT START A SOTM FOR APRIL,
IF YOU ARE NOT A STAFF MEMBER. SEE FIDOJ'S POST WHY
thanks! and good luck!
- will discuss in pm