Hello all, and Welcome to November 2011 screenshot of the month contest
It nearly looks like it gets popular and now have his sweet little nick: SOTM, hope you continue to take part massively.
Once again, there is a theme this month, and it is
LIFTING AND HAULING LOADS
Si it's about cranes, big loads, huge trailers, etc... Please be inventive, there is a lot of amazing loads, cranes and trailers available on the repository, or on the forums.
Don't forget this contest aims at showing THE BEST OF ROR, so pay attention to use the highest quality mods for the screenshots.
All non-compliant images will get deleted without prompt (too many guys just do not read anything...)
- 1 screenshot per user per month
- You are allowed to change the screenshot you want to enter with, but you may not change once the poll is added
- Do not alter your screenshot in an image editing program (not even contrast or luminosity)
- attach the screenshots to your post, do not host them elsewhere. (for being able to publish them in the poll later on)
- Minimum resolution is 800*600. Minimum resolution for potential "wallpaperization": 1024*768
- All posts here should contain at least 1 picture / Don't comment pictures from other people (such posts will get instantly deleted)
- Screenshot submission in between the 10 and the 30 of the running month
- Votes in between the 1 and the 10 of the next month for the previous month (i.e. on the 10th of September, we'll get the winner for August). Multiple votes allowed.
- All votes through a poll - no votes through messages (anyone can vote) - if the poll is not available, it means that you can't vote...
- No PM to me for further explanation - everything should be clearly stated here
- Screenshots of rigs of rods only, do I need to mention it?
The winner will get his screenshot "wallpaperized" to fit the present "graphical identity" of RoR. That way it CAN be included in the loading screens (does not mean it WILL).
If you take part in this contest, and by uploading a picture on this thread, you agree that your screenshot may be used as official promotion/internal material for Rigs of Rods if needed.
First of all, have a look at this thread, it contains so much useful information: Tips-To-a-Good-Screenshot (thanks to the Admiester)
- Hide the HUD (!) by pressing "U" key
- Pay attention not to have the mouse cursor visible on your screenshot, or a message from caelum sky, or the message saying "wrote screenshot"
- Because of the shading problems, avoid shooting vegetation at night (at least grass)
- Everybody loves sunset
- Analyze the top pictures of previous contest to find out what makes a nice screenshot:
- Show RoR at its best, so avoid:
- FPS versions of the maps
- Sandstorm sky (in most cases)
- Vegetation OFF
- Low sightrange
- Basic water
Good luck to everyone!
Little help for this month
If you're not really familiar with cranes and so on, but still want to take part, here are some tips
List of nice cranes for rigs of rods suggested by Craneman (search for them in the forums or on the repo)
-Liebherr LTC 1045-3.1
-Terex Demag AC 200
-Liebherr LTM 1050-3.1
-Spierings SK 1265-R
-Liebherr LTM 11200-9.1(old Badboy version)
-Liebherr LTM 1095-5.1
-Terex Demag AC 500
Additions, suggested by fidoj
Some loads, suggested by fidoj again
Addition by me, looks fantastic
And because we are very very nice , here are 2 beta loads, made by fidoj, skinned by me
1st - fidoj - 32 votes
2nd - sputnik_1 - 24 votes
Special attention because it's the only screenshot that really fits the theme
3rd - PrT Audiman - 23 votes
- Carry loads, not vehicles