Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 161

Thread: 2006 police dodge charger

  1. #1
    emersondavis
    emersondavis is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    34

    Post 2006 Police Dodge Charger

    These are the original 2006 Dodge Charger police cars by Turbocharger (Truckian). This is not a joke. I have added the Spacerframe.png file, so the flares will work. Now, I have obtained permission from EA Games, and so I can upload these Chargers.
    Authors: Truckian, chassis/mesh files/3d models: EA Games, Adding Spacerframe.png and obtaining legal permission from EA Games to bring these back, emersondavis(me).
    Official link to download: {REMOVED}
    © EA Games
    When Box5Diesel removed the Link, He also Removed the picture. I am not currently able to re-post the picture, for my Flickr account is having issues. It should be resolved soon, and I will post the image as soon as possible.
    Last edited by tdev; 07-01-11 at 01:03 PM.
    I am the master of beta testing! Send me the file you want tested, and I will give you a professional opinion!

  2. #2
    silvermanblue
    silvermanblue is online now
    silvermanblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Liberty IA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,714
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    You have permission from EA games? No offense but I will believe it when I see it.
    Isn't it great we meet such wonderfull and inteligent people on the internet?

  3. 3 users found this post helpful: OfficerAndrew, b2bomber, pandabear
  4. #3
    xxlonghaulerxx
    Guest

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by silvermanblue View Post
    You have permission from EA games? No offense but I will believe it when I see it.
    I know, that sounds a little bit suspicious to me.

  5. one user found this post helpful: pandabear
  6. #4
    NorthCountry
    NorthCountry is offline
    NorthCountry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United States
    Age
    19
    Posts
    609
    Country: United States

    Talking Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Looks amazing! Great job! If you could grab some more vehicles from EA, It would be SICK! However, thanks a ton! I will comment if anything doesn't work well!

  7. #5
    emersondavis
    emersondavis is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Proof! Here is proof that I have EA Games' permission to post the 2006 Dodge chargers.
    Me: "Hello, My name is Emerson Davis. I would like to request permission to use one of your products, with your expressed consent. Product name: 2006 Dodge charger(chassis section), posted on the Google Sketchup Warehouse. I am not intending to sell your product for in any way, shape, or form, for any kind of profit.
    Sincerely,
    Emerson Bordeaux Davis"
    Them:"Thank you for your inquiry, though we should inform you that you need to contact our Legal Product Use Department for this kind of request.
    Regards, EA Games Legal Department"

    Me sending to their L.P.U. department:
    "Hello, My name is Emerson Davis. I would like to request permission to use one of your products, with your expressed consent. Product name: 2006 Dodge charger(chassis section), posted on the Google Sketchup Warehouse. I am not intending to sell your product for in any way, shape, or form, for any kind of profit.
    Sincerely,
    Emerson Bordeaux Davis"

    Them:" Thank you for your Legal use request. We have forwarded your message to our Product Use Permissions Department, and you should be getting your copyright grant within 4-5 business days, for they have to process it through their system, and then get it registered.
    Regards,
    The Legal Product Use Team"

    Them 5 business days later: "Thank you for your patience, your request has been approved, here is your Grant I.D. number: 93********80.
    Use that number to show that you have proof of permission. Also, Use this: "© EA Games, when giving credit to us in your use of our product. Your use permission will not expire.
    Here are your required Copyright Permission Account Credentials:
    Username: emerson.davis97@yahoo.com
    Password: 93********80
    Regards,
    The Product Use Permission Team"
    I am the master of beta testing! Send me the file you want tested, and I will give you a professional opinion!

  8. #6
    silvermanblue
    silvermanblue is online now
    silvermanblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Liberty IA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,714
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by emersondavis View Post
    Proof! Here is proof that I have EA Games' permission to post the 2006 Dodge chargers.
    Me: "Hello, My name is Emerson Davis. I would like to request permission to use one of your products, with your expressed consent. Product name: 2006 Dodge charger(chassis section), posted on the Google Sketchup Warehouse. I am not intending to sell your product for in any way, shape, or form, for any kind of profit.
    Sincerely,
    Emerson Bordeaux Davis"
    Them:"Thank you for your inquiry, though we should inform you that you need to contact our Legal Product Use Department for this kind of request.
    Regards, EA Games Legal Department"

    Me sending to their L.P.U. department:
    "Hello, My name is Emerson Davis. I would like to request permission to use one of your products, with your expressed consent. Product name: 2006 Dodge charger(chassis section), posted on the Google Sketchup Warehouse. I am not intending to sell your product for in any way, shape, or form, for any kind of profit.
    Sincerely,
    Emerson Bordeaux Davis"

    Them:" Thank you for your Legal use request. We have forwarded your message to our Product Use Permissions Department, and you should be getting your copyright grant within 4-5 business days, for they have to process it through their system, and then get it registered.
    Regards,
    The Legal Product Use Team"

    Them 5 business days later: "Thank you for your patience, your request has been approved, here is your Grant I.D. number: 93********80.
    Use that number to show that you have proof of permission. Also, Use this: "© EA Games, when giving credit to us in your use of our product. Your use permission will not expire.
    Here are your required Copyright Permission Account Credentials:
    Username: emerson.davis97@yahoo.com
    Password: 93********80
    Regards,
    The Product Use Permission Team"
    That does appear legit, I'm at a lost for words. You seem to have went thru the proper channels, If I were you emerson I would pm tdev with this information. In the end its up to him.
    Isn't it great we meet such wonderfull and inteligent people on the internet?

  9. #7
    MASTAROCK
    MASTAROCK is offline
    MASTAROCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16
    Country: Canada

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Nice Job!

  10. #8
    gabester
    gabester is offline
    gabester's Avatar


    grumpy moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    no
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,510
    Blog Entries
    1
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    They gave you permission to USE it, not to MODIFY or REDISTRIBUTE it.
    MV4 - Bandit - G2 - MZ2 - Zeta - Omega - Accord - '49 Ford - Burnside - S10

    Ovals - Small Track - Track Pack - Racemax - Winston Park

    If you see anyone in MP or in IRC with my name - that's not me.

  11. 3 users found this post helpful: OfficerAndrew, PenguinvilleBus1120, pandabear
  12. #9
    SVFD Company 8
    SVFD Company 8 is offline
    SVFD Company 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Culpeper, VA, United States Of America
    Age
    23
    Posts
    167
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by gabester View Post
    They gave you permission to USE it, not to MODIFY or REDISTRIBUTE it.
    You may be right, but you may be wrong. In the details outlined in this written expressed consent contract, nowhere in the terms does it state that he is prohibited from redistribution as long as it is for no profitable purpose and that proper credit is given. However, it would be nice to see that they do not mind this, so for that, gabe, you have a point. I will do some research of my own as well to try to help this matter. However, so far he has broken no rules that I can see.

  13. one user found this post helpful: wyopsycho
  14. #10
    1crash007
    1crash007 is offline
    1crash007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Norwich, ON, Canada
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,607
    Country: Canada

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by gabester View Post
    They gave you permission to USE it, not to MODIFY or REDISTRIBUTE it.
    +1 and also this kind of thing is a No no in my opinion..

    EA has to purchase there licensed rights to use the vehicle so to release a
    vehicle as a dodge charger police is not legally legit..

  15. #11
    SVFD Company 8
    SVFD Company 8 is offline
    SVFD Company 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Culpeper, VA, United States Of America
    Age
    23
    Posts
    167
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by 1crash007 View Post
    +1 and also this kind of thing is a No no in my opinion..

    EA has to purchase there licensed rights to use the vehicle so to release a
    vehicle as a dodge charger police is not legally legit..
    Another good point. Perhaps releasing the model in it's original form or asking them if they will permit you to use the content in the current form. They may or may not let you do so. There is only one way to find out. Good luck.

  16. #12
    CTSTransportService
    CTSTransportService is offline
    CTSTransportService's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    262
    Country: Canada

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    I think its hilarious. When someone uses the ea model for GTA 4 cop cars. They dont get a copywrite and no one cares. Besides its not like we would get sued. it would be the one releasing it, Yes?

    Just sayin dont have a fit on me.
    Last edited by CTSTransportService; 05-20-11 at 08:43 AM.

  17. 2 users found this post helpful: Bloody_Tears, Dakota_
  18. #13
    SVFD Company 8
    SVFD Company 8 is offline
    SVFD Company 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Culpeper, VA, United States Of America
    Age
    23
    Posts
    167
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by CTSTransportService View Post
    I think its hilarious. When someone uses the ea model for GTA 4 cop cars. They dont get a copywrite and no one cares. Here holy do something as little as have a rim or lightbar from ea and the whole community is on you.

    Just sayin dont have a fit on me.
    It's not so much the fact that it is modified and what not that they care about. Rigs Of Rods can face serious lawsuits if they allow illegally distributed materials on their game. There is alot more to copywrites than most people think. It is a very complex topic that in order to understand, must be broken down and analytically explained, which I do not have time for. That is why it is a big deal.

  19. #14
    CTSTransportService
    CTSTransportService is offline
    CTSTransportService's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    262
    Country: Canada

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by SVFD Company 8 View Post
    It's not so much the fact that it is modified and what not that they care about. Rigs Of Rods can face serious lawsuits if they allow illegally distributed materials on their game. There is alot more to copywrites than most people think. It is a very complex topic that in order to understand, must be broken down and analytically explained, which I do not have time for. That is why it is a big deal.
    Like i said though. Wouldnt it be the one who released it getting into a lawsuit. And isnt it a admins job to make sure something like that doesnt happen? Isnt that why we have them?

  20. #15
    SVFD Company 8
    SVFD Company 8 is offline
    SVFD Company 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Culpeper, VA, United States Of America
    Age
    23
    Posts
    167
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by CTSTransportService View Post
    Like i said though. Wouldnt it be the one who released it getting into a lawsuit. And isnt it a admins job to make sure something like that doesnt happen? Isnt that why we have them?
    Yes and that is exactly why the community cares about these things so much. You pretty much just answered your own question lol. Everyone is so hard pressed on investigating things like this because they are tryin to protect each other from lawsuits and infringement charges. Thats all.

    ---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 1crash007 View Post
    +1 and also this kind of thing is a No no in my opinion..

    EA has to purchase there licensed rights to use the vehicle so to release a
    vehicle as a dodge charger police is not legally legit..
    However, if he releases the unaltered, original model, he is fine because they gave him a Copywrite Contractual Grant for that model that uses the write mark of EA Games. As long as he uses that write mark and give them credit in the form of an unaltered model, he is virtually untouchable. As written in the agreement seen above "Your Permission Will Never Expire."

  21. #16
    tdev
    tdev is offline
    tdev's Avatar
    Developer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,440
    Blog Entries
    75
    Country: Germany

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    so i (as the content distributor) should ask ea games if you are allowed to distribute, along all the consequences?

  22. #17
    Dennis-W
    Dennis-W is offline

    Invited Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    21
    Posts
    3,508
    Blog Entries
    3
    Country: Netherlands

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Use that number to show that you have proof of permission. Also, Use this: "© EA Games, when giving credit to us in your use of our product. Your use permission will not expire.
    It's funny how they “forgot” the end quotes on the Copyright thing...
    It's also funny about how they used them wrong, and imo a big company like EA would atleast use proper punctuation atleast.

    Looks faked to me.
    I DONT VISIT THIS FORUM THAT OFTEN ANYMORE.
    STOP SENDING ME FRIEND REQUESTS AND/OR PRIVATE MESSAGES!

    Nobody outside of the invited section has got permission to use any of the stuff I released here.
    Only invited members are allowed to freely redistribute and/or alter anything I have made.

    I would thank you for your understanding in this matter,
    -Dennis-W

  23. #18
    jcb
    jcb is offline
    jcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    i live in a house................
    Posts
    2,377
    Country: Canada

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by tdev View Post
    so i (as the content distributor) should ask ea games if you are allowed to distribute, along all the consequences?

    phahahahha
    maybe ea games is hisfamilys company?

  24. #19
    macktrucklover101
    macktrucklover101 is offline
    macktrucklover101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Howboutno, USA
    Posts
    484
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    I have a problem I just have wheels.

  25. #20
    SVFD Company 8
    SVFD Company 8 is offline
    SVFD Company 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Culpeper, VA, United States Of America
    Age
    23
    Posts
    167
    Country: United States

    Default Re: 2006 police dodge charger

    Quote Originally Posted by tdev View Post
    so i (as the content distributor) should ask ea games if you are allowed to distribute, along all the consequences?
    Not you, but emerson should be more clear with EA about his intentions of the use of their product. I am not sure, and I dont think anybody is really "sure" about these Chargers. So I am not sure what should be done. Its another one of those complex things lol.

Similar Threads

  1. 2006 dodge charger police car
    By scottametz in forum Content Requests
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-06-12, 12:23 AM
  2. 1969 dodge charger r/t
    By MMM in forum Content Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-12, 11:22 PM
  3. dodge charger recherche
    By cotemikael14 in forum Discussion générale à propos de Rigs of Rods
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-09, 10:06 AM
  4. [Released] dodge charger dragster
    By kenny boy in forum Cars and light vehicles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-13-08, 09:00 AM

Posting Permissions



About Rigs of Rods

    Rigs of Rods is a unique soft body physics simulator.


Some Tools


Partners

SourceForge.net

Follow us

Twitter youtube Facebook RSS Feed


impressum