Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: How to make a lowrider truck.

  1. #2
    oldskoolmini
    oldskoolmini is offline
    oldskoolmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    rome, georgia
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    i think you can open up the truck file in editorizer and move the nodes for the wheels. i am not 100% sure. i also think there is a way to do it in note pad.

  2. #3
    TowPro
    TowPro is offline
    TowPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    768
    Country: Canada

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    You can do it in the editorizer but if you fo it that way it wont have hydraulics. To do it in notepad is a little more complicated to do and explain lol
    #crymoreplz

  3. #4
    330xi
    330xi is offline
    330xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Newbury, VT
    Age
    16
    Posts
    1,706
    Country: United States

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Ok, open up Notepad. Go to the nodes section and find the nodes you want to find. HOW TO FIND CORRECT NODES: Go to the wheels section, and look at the nodes that are used for wheels. Then either remember them, or write them down. Then look up the nodes in the nodes section, and change the Y coordinate, the 2nd coordinate number. Then you can change that number to anything you want, but for a successful lowrider you should change the number by 0.1 each time to see if it works.

    Another way: Open up Notepad. Then find the shocks section. Find the precomp number, and lower it. Recommended values are around 0.1 or 0.2 each time you change it.
    2005 BMW 330xi || 2005 Ski-Doo Adrenaline 600HO || 2013 Yamaha 212SS || 2003 SeaDoo RX-DI

  4. #5
    Eminox
    Guest

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
    Ok, open up Notepad. Go to the nodes section and find the nodes you want to find. HOW TO FIND CORRECT NODES: Go to the wheels section, and look at the nodes that are used for wheels. Then either remember them, or write them down. Then look up the nodes in the nodes section, and change the Y coordinate, the 2nd coordinate number. Then you can change that number to anything you want, but for a successful lowrider you should change the number by 0.1 each time to see if it works.

    Another way: Open up Notepad. Then find the shocks section. Find the precomp number, and lower it. Recommended values are around 0.1 or 0.2 each time you change it.
    Thats the long way of doing it.
    Open the truck in notepad. Find the shocks section & lower the last value slightly (Some vehicle need the value making bigger to lower it). a big change is about 0.3 of a change

  5. #6
    330xi
    330xi is offline
    330xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Newbury, VT
    Age
    16
    Posts
    1,706
    Country: United States

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by adam wright View Post
    Thats the long way of doing it.
    Open the truck in notepad. Find the shocks section & lower the last value slightly (Some vehicle need the value making bigger to lower it). a big change is about 0.3 of a change
    I hope you could read my post and understand that i said that.
    2005 BMW 330xi || 2005 Ski-Doo Adrenaline 600HO || 2013 Yamaha 212SS || 2003 SeaDoo RX-DI

  6. #7
    Eminox
    Guest

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Cat View Post
    I hope you could read my post and understand that i said that.
    DAMN why didn't i see that
    sorry

  7. #9
    OfficerAndrew
    OfficerAndrew is offline
    OfficerAndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,541
    Country: United States

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    I used the Chevy S10 Shortbed that has the truck file and I just get an unknown error? I edited the value of 1.0 to 1.2 and then it crashed my game. So I must have done something wrong. I will read your guys comments again until it's right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shocks.png 
Views:	284 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	198300 
    Trying to get back into building things with a new program this summer!

  8. #10
    Eminox
    Guest

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerAndrew View Post
    I used the Chevy S10 Shortbed that has the truck file and I just get an unknown error? I edited the value of 1.0 to 1.2 and then it crashed my game. So I must have done something wrong. I will read your guys comments again until it's right.
    I have never tried it with shocks2. do it to the normal shocks too (keep shocks 2 as they are for now) if it crashes again put shocks2 back to normal & only edit shocks

  9. #11
    OfficerAndrew
    OfficerAndrew is offline
    OfficerAndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,541
    Country: United States

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by adam wright View Post
    I have never tried it with shocks2. do it to the normal shocks too (keep shocks 2 as they are for now) if it crashes again put shocks2 back to normal & only edit shocks
    Alright thanks! Just curious about why there is just 2 lines for rear and front for shocks 2 and then for the rear with normal shocks there are 6 lines. Do you happen to know why?
    Trying to get back into building things with a new program this summer!

  10. #12
    Eminox
    Guest

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerAndrew View Post
    Alright thanks! Just curious about why there is just 2 lines for rear and front for shocks 2 and then for the rear with normal shocks there are 6 lines. Do you happen to know why?
    Might just have 1 shock per wheel so 2 for the front & 2 for the rear like a real car. Thats what i think anyway

  11. #13
    OfficerAndrew
    OfficerAndrew is offline
    OfficerAndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,541
    Country: United States

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by adam wright View Post
    Might just have 1 shock per wheel so 2 for the front & 2 for the rear like a real car. Thats what i think anyway
    Sorry what I mean was why is there 6 lines for the rear with the normal shocks? That's what I was thinking to
    Trying to get back into building things with a new program this summer!

  12. #14
    Eminox
    Guest

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerAndrew View Post
    Sorry what I mean was why is there 6 lines for the rear with the normal shocks? That's what I was thinking to
    May be a pyramid of shocks so tha axle can move forwads & backwards, side to side & up & down.

    My latest mod (still wip)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_732.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	301.2 KB 
ID:	198304  Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_733.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	198305 

  13. #15
    OfficerAndrew
    OfficerAndrew is offline
    OfficerAndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,541
    Country: United States

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by adam wright View Post
    May be a pyramid of shocks so tha axle can move forwads & backwards, side to side & up & down.

    My latest mod (still wip)
    I get it. Thanks for the info!

    Nice mod!
    Trying to get back into building things with a new program this summer!

  14. #16
    itokamikazemaster
    itokamikazemaster is offline
    itokamikazemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CWB
    Posts
    401
    Country: Brazil

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    well theres no secret to make one
    is only turn the shocks in commands ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_32.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	198306  Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_31.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	198307  Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_33.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	198308  Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_4.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	198309  Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	198310 
    >Scania LongLine< Check the updates BRO

    Patience is a virtude!

  15. #17
    OfficerAndrew
    OfficerAndrew is offline
    OfficerAndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,541
    Country: United States

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    I don't know what I am doing wrong but the precomp is what you change right? I keep trying 1.2 but that does not work.
    Trying to get back into building things with a new program this summer!

  16. #18
    Eminox
    Guest

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by OfficerAndrew View Post
    I get it. Thanks for the info!

    Nice mod!
    Thanks. lowerd the ride height. upped the maxc rpms to 2500rpm Open, Split & locked diff wor fun. sparks when cornering for fun & a bit more power

    now its 5:15am. I should really have gone to bed 6 hours ago so good night all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_737.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	282.1 KB 
ID:	198311  Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_738.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	390.3 KB 
ID:	198312 
    Last edited by adam wright; 04-30-11 at 04:25 AM.

  17. #19
    OfficerAndrew
    OfficerAndrew is offline
    OfficerAndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,541
    Country: United States

    Default Re: How to make a lowrider truck.

    Wait.. I think I got it working! I made it higher the first time going 1.2 but then going 0.8 to 0.6 just made the tires tilty. I will edit it a few to make it stable. It's a bit bouncyer at higher RPM's. Adam you were right about that triangle system it looks like

    third picture is a SUCCESS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_434.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	854.8 KB 
ID:	198313  Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_436.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	1,007.0 KB 
ID:	198314  Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_438.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	198315 
    Last edited by OfficerAndrew; 04-30-11 at 04:42 AM.
    Trying to get back into building things with a new program this summer!

Similar Threads

  1. lowrider hilux
    By oldskoolmini in forum Content Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-10, 04:46 AM
  2. how to make an lowrider
    By itothemaster in forum Content Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-10, 05:56 PM
  3. can you make this truck
    By jbol43 in forum Content Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-08, 04:12 PM
  4. Help were can i make a truck
    By Murdock in forum Game Support (windows)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-08, 09:32 AM
  5. lowrider suspentoin?
    By raz in forum Mod tech
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-08, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions



About Rigs of Rods

    Rigs of Rods is a unique soft body physics simulator.


Some Tools


Partners

SourceForge.net

Follow us

Twitter youtube Facebook RSS Feed


impressum