I have now stopped updating this thread by myself and moved it over to the wiki here: http://wiki.rigsofrods.com/index.php...anted_Features
More info here: http://forum.rigsofrods.com/index.ph...1.html#msg6021
This thread creates a rough overview about all requested things and sort them a little bit.
- Missions in RoR
Discussion about missions in RoR.
- Earthmoving /Digable ground/ Deformable terrain
Something for Excavators and dumptrucks to play with
- 64-bit Version
64-bit version of RoR
A way to save the game in it's current state that you saved it at.
Snow, Rain Sandstorms, etc. should improve the display and the vehicle response (to the ground for example)
- Better wave details
Improve the graphical representation of the waves.
- Toggle 4 wheel drive on and off
A button to select between 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive.
A way to add different ground conditions to a terrain layout.
- Breakable windscreens
Some way of making glass crack or smash depending on force in RoR.
- Done with broken texture for flexbody meshes
- Hydraulic Ram
Hydraulic ram added into RoR
A way to add cables that could bend so we don't just have the rigid ropes.
- Clutch shifting and gear config
Some way of configuring a wheel like the G25's clutch and 6 gears in RoR.
- Done for the g25 only yet.
- Cruise control
A button that when pressed will keep a vehicle to it's current speed by adjusting the throttle/brake automatically.
- Turn signals and more realistic entering and exiting of a vehicle
Make the turn signals work, improve the entering and exiting of a vehicle and see a person driving.
- Turn signals are there, driver animation still missing.
Trains in RoR
- Minor car improvements and destroyable buildings
Working indicators, brake light improvements, destroyable buildings and roll starting.
- Indicators and brake light made, destroyable buildings not
- Improved Rig A Deal
Make it spawn loads as well as trucks and a little parking area to park it all in.
- Load spawner is a seperate object, parking area can be found on some terrains
- Extreme Optimization measures
A "mode" that would give slower machines a fps boost by making objects solid.
- Automated Ferry
A system that would drive the ferry by a series of programmable way points.
More commands wanted.
- 48 Commands available now
- Truck Debugging
More detailed information when RoR due to a truck error
- Some extra debugging options are there but some crashes still hard to fix
- RoR crash log
Improved error log file that is more specific to what made RoR crash.
- Repair button request and wave interaction improvement
"Repair button. Does the same thing as "i", but without resetting your truck to it's spawn area." "Cars interacting with waves. It's kind of ridiculous when the car is floating on top of nothing, or is submerged into the water."
- Repair Button
A button to repair the truck but stay at the coordinates you were at.
- Linux Unicode for .31a
Compiled version of RoR linux against wxgtk2.6 with unicode support.
- Jake Brake
A exhaust brake system.
- collisionable submesh
submesh vs submesh collision.
- Canal locks
Locks for the canals.
- Steering Wheel Adjustment
more adjustments for steering wheels.
- Friction Difference
different friction amounts on different surfaces in maps, so we can have tarmac/winter/mud/etc maps.
- Done with groundmodels
- Ability to use buttons on joysticks and wheels
Support for assigning commands to buttons on joysticks/gamepads/racing wheels.
- Skin Chooser
List the skins in the .truck file and select them within RoR.
- Better folder structure
Trucks, loads and terrains to have the own individual folders.
- More complex wheels
More deformation in the wheels.
- Done with wheels2, meshwheels and flexmeshes on normal wheels but still more options for the beam model of the wheel wanted
- Complex wheel model
A more detailed 3D model of the wheel and tyre.
- Same as above
- Charater Damage
A feature that would change different colours of the main characters body, depending on how much pressure and G-Forces have been applied to the body.
- Fuel Usage
A system to use fuel and re-fuel.
- A toggle switch to change the focus of the command keys
A toggle switch that routes the F keys outputs either to the truck itself or the trailer
- Better water tools
A line in the terrain file that can adjust the water level for different parts of the map.
SatNav to put in your trucks destination and it reading you the instructions on how to get there.
- Amphibian support
A system to combine land and water vehicle's.
- Digital Compass
A digital compass would be useful tool when working out orientation of things your adding to the landscape.
- Separate Start/Finish Checkpoints
So the race track doesn't have to be a loop but could be more like a drag strip.
- Possible with race scripts
- Crashable vehicles
Better graphical crash damage to vehicles.
- Possible with flexbody
- Rocks to make mountains
Lot's of rocks to make into mountains.
- Not a feature request but a map/object request
- Turning off the view fog
A simple line in the cfg file or utility would be really nice to adjust the amount.
- Added to RoRconfig
- Scaling guidelines
A guideline that would keep all vehicals the correct proportion to everything else.
- RoR Scale should be 1:1, a way to force modders keeping realistic size possible?
- More options for commands
"I'd like to request 1 more option for commands like: Return to middle. When you stop pressing the function key the command returns to it's 'default' state."
- Possible with commands2
- Pull Pal Winch Anchor
A solid anchor that is put into the ground with a winch connected to it. When pulled on the Anchor, it digs into the ground till it's deep enough to pull the car.
- Unique dashboard for cars
A different dashboard for the cars instead of sharing the same dashboard between trucks and cars.
- Done, individual dashboards possible, but adjustable gauges still wanted
- Hudraulic cylinder diameter
"Adding a diameter parameter to the commands, this way we could have more powerful command hydro's when we needed them."
- Organized truck selection menu
Better organization of the list by listing it in alphabetical order or the likes.
- Vehicle categories are made, but a better system is already necessary because of the huge amount of vehicles
- Toggleable Static Nodes
"If you have seen the topic with the mobile bridge, i think you will have seen it's a bit wobbly so something like this would really come in handy"
- More types of nodes
More node types for different mechanics.
- Overhang Terrain SceneManager
A thread on the OGRE forum about a plugin to make deformable terrain.
How to add your idea to this list: search the forum if the idea was written down before, if not create a new discussion thread and explain in some paragraphs the pro's of your idea. The moderator will then add the thread (if relevant enough)
EDIT by Lenni: I'm trying to revive this thread and added some status info for the things that have been made now.