Swimmer is a proof of concept amphibious vehicle. It uses skidsteer solid axles with no suspension to drive on land and a custom made prop and rudder to drive it on water.
The main body is shaped like a hull, and the wheels are semi-retractable. However for stability reasons in the water I added bouyency nodes onto the axles, so it's best to leave the wheels down as far as they go.
Select this vehicle at your local load spawner.
F1/F2 raise/lower the wheels.
F3/F4 reverse/forwards motion
F5/F6 turn left/right.
* I've loaded this on Nrth Shore and Aspin. On Aspin it drives backwards, on Nrth Shore it drives forwards. I prefer to drive it on Nrth Shore, but you may change the drive train ratio from a negitive to a positive value if require.
* Don't start/stop spinning the prop with high RPM, this will overstress the prop blades and lead to their failure. The vehicle will still function on land however.
* The prop has a lot of torque in it. If used incorrectly if can overturn the boat in the water.
* The submeshes on the back of the hull, the prop and the rudder are invisible, they are they and function correctly, but should be displayed the same as the other submeshes (they all use the same values).
Blah Blah Blah, use, edit, whatever as long as credit is given.
This is a crane "load" for the Ampliroll.
It is a "truck" file, so can be loaded thru Rig-a-Deal. The crane is operated by entering the "load".
Controls: F1-F2 rotate. F3-F4 main boom raise/lower, F5-F6 Winch up/down, F7-F8 Second boom fold. F11-F12 Legs raise/lower.
Note: It is released as it and no support will be provided.
~Are you a stubborn 'murrican?
~Are you tired of looking at the little yellow numbers on the default speedometer to tell how fast you are going?
Have no fear, the 'US customary system' speedometer is here!
Gone are the days of having to strain your eyes to see those tiny numbers. You could potentially save hundreds in eye doctor and chiropractor visits just by using this mod!*
This is just a simple mod of the default speedometer to indicate Miles Per Hour rather than Kilometers Per Hour. It is broken up into divisions of 5mph and measures up to 90mph before the needle is set to stop.
I whipped this up really quickly this morning, so it is not perfect, the measurements for 5mph-35-mph are about 1.5mph above what they should indicate. I may fix it in the future. Otherwise it is very accurate.
Just plop speedo.dds into textures.zip (found in the resources folder of your RoR directory).
I created this chassis to use as a base for trucks. Thanks to squishy for helping me with the suspension and steering. Feel free to modify but discuss here before releasing it into the repository.discuss here. I already know the engine cannot reach onto the final gear.
It is the basic monorail, but i changed it to a better and more effective way... it goes about 45km/h the whole track without need to brake, except you go forward.
please use gear 1 for driving from the second station to the start-station.
changed it to a more stable monorail, got now some middle-wheels and uses constant speed to hold on rail.
dont know if someone wants to change it, but if theres a need to, make it better than myself
This python script searches the serverlist for trucks that are in use. Then it checks if you already have those trucks in your RoR folder, if it can't find a truck it will try to search and download it from the repository.
Before executing you will have to adjust your RoR folder (on the top of the script -> rordir = "").
Use at your own risk! It will probably create errors caused by interfering mods. If you don't know how to fix those simple errors -> DONT USE THIS SCRIPT!
It works pretty well for me until 0.35 when this script will be obsolete
- fixed some bug
- switched to geoselect dl-link
- fixed some bug
- cleaned up output
- refined search (will avoid packs now; won't download any other than *.zip)
- fixed error msg
- added "hit any key" msg to the end (its now non-console double-click friendly)