1.5km x 1.5km.
The terrain is set in rural Greece and includes farmland, villages, forests and mountains. There is a long network of dirt and asphalt roads which run throughout the terrain and the various areas of the map complete with signs. An FPS version with reduced vegetation density and distances for use with slower computers is also included which gives a significant increase in performance.
1. Copy .zip and paste it into your RoR terrain folder (such as "C:UsersYOURNAMEDocumentsRigs of Rods 0.38terrains" (Windows 7) 2. Open the .zip and then go to a folder called "+++ Impostors +++", inside you will find a bunch of png files; copy these to wherever RoR stores imposters (default is the root directory - where the ror.exe is).
3. Run RoR and drive
I give permission for anyone to use the objects, textures, sounds and anything else created by me in this .zip for free Rigs of Rods projects provided I, LJFHutch, am credited with their creation. I also give permission to adapt or modify the objects/textures etc to suit your terrain (such as retexturing a tree's leaves, changing the saturation of the grass texture, etc), again, with proper credit and so long as you do not claim to have created them yourself. However, seek my permission for any published modification of this terrain.
Road sign textures - public domain, Swedish Transport Administration.
Normal map shader - Artifex Terra 3D, thanks also to Nipash for helping me out with that.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out, especially DeGa and Nipash.
This is the terrain that you should use in my server and any other server that uses this terrain. The standard Rockton County BM terrain will not work with my server.
This is an edit to Brickman’s Rockton County BM terrain. I really wanted to make a Rockton server, but there were a few problems holding me back. I decided that I would make the changes myself, considering that I do have a good grasp on making a
terrain, although I do not have the patience nor the time to make one of my own.
Here are the changes to this map:
• Took away trees (this terrain is for a server, and its best to reduce lag as much as possible)
• Changed the name of the .terrn file to work with the server
Although it doesn’t seem like a made a lot of changes, these are instrumental in making this terrain work on a server.
Because this map is so big, you may still experience lag. If you do, there isn’t much I can do to help you. This is a big map with a lot of objects, and that can severely hurt your framerate.
I give all credit for making this terrain to the original owners of this terrain. The same goes for the creators of the objects used in this terrain. I in no way am stealing or purposely plagiarizing any of the owner’s original work. And no, I did not get permission. You want permission? Here’s your permission: “Since it is not officially my terrain, you can modify without my permission.” This is from the original Credits description file that is still in this zip, written by, I assume, Brickman.. Let’s give a big round of applause to all of the contributors and makers of this terrain.
Starling Island is an island map for Rigs of Rods (tested with v0.38.67), tuned for roleplaying. The map features:
- Port Starling - A large coastal town with docks, a marina, emergency service buildings and lots of nasty, tight corners, everything cramped around Starling bay
- Smaller towns and islands
- A large open mining area that happens to double as a neat spot to wreck vehicles
- An airstrip
- A bus stop network
- Cute details
- 6 Starling Island public service vehicles
- 3 spawn points
- Redeye (terrain, object placement, some objects, vehicle reskins & minor modifications)
- donoteat (Penguinville buildings & roads - much of this map's eye candy heavily relies on his work)
- Betzi (houses)
- Lenni (original Sprinters & Firetruck)
- Arthur Hucksake (original Stepvan)
- Some objects from the stock North St. Helens map have been utilized
- Trees from the stock F1 test track have been utilized
1. Unpack into your Rigs of Rods "terrains" folder
2. Regenerate Cache
3. Have fun!
Please delete your old Starling-Island folder before you install this one.
- Updated the Weasel rescue boat with the new, smoother-handling version
- Converted lots of textures to .dds
- Minor stuff
- Unless bugs or issues with future RoR versions arise, this is considered the "final" Starling Island. Have fun!
This is the Nhelen's terrian basicly , just more buildings .etc,
There is a Parking Garage & a building on the side of it with a little lot , That is for Tow Companies, The lot is for Tow Companies to park their Wreckers, and the Garage is for the tow companies to park their Repo'd / Wrecked Cars.
This is not completely done, but have fun and test out what is done of it :P
PM me if you need help.
**NOTE: If you have the nhelen terrain map in DocRoRTerrain , Please move it to somewhere else, as this one has the same name .. it is not required, but if you dont you will see two "North St. Helen" Maps in side the game, in this case select the one that shows "nhcustom.terrn"
It says Errors found with some sort of truck, but there really isnt. i tested it on my two computers and it worked fine.