- Heavily modified Flatmap with railroad line, not so flat any more ;-)
- Two versions: Normal with manually operable switches (use your mouse) and FPS with simplified switches
- All track pieces included, you can use them to build your own map
- Working buffer stops
- A nice train spawner: circle in the front is for locos, circle in the back for wagons
- Switches are controlled by F-Buttons: F1 left, F2 straight ahead, F3 right. Click here for a tutorial
- Be careful when you operate the switches while driving a long train above multiple switches, derailments may occur
Under certain conditions derailments may occur, so be warned.
- sputnik_1: optimizing, texturing, switches, buffer stops, additional track layout, heightmap
- donoteat: track and station meshes, track layout
- BigBoy: much help and testing, train spawner, heightmap help, catenary
- Techwolf32: original map
- The Inviteds: testing
NOTICE : Pralo's Caelum wont work properly in ROR version 38. Still good in 37.126.
Welcome in Pralognan La Vanoise.
This map is somehow a replica of the actual town in the Alps. It provides travellers with accommodation, transport, all for comfort and fun. The Hotel will be the perfect starting point for rides in the mountains, taking the Telepherique or just climbing the steep hills with any off-road vehicle. The boldest drivers will manage to the glacier at all costs (several truck shops can be found here and there) whereas those just eager to have a nice look at our sea of ice will take the plane.
There is a ground model with different kinds of ground (snow, rock, mud, ice...), a paged geometry forest of (natural) pines, a customized Caelum sky and snowy weather can be observed in some cases. So make sure you have 100% vegetation and Caelum engaged in the configurator. No other settings are required and as the map is fitted with very large textures it wouldn't be advised to turn more option because FPS might be critical. A FPS friendly version will be provided separately.
Many thanks to anybody helped, encouraged and supported me, more particularly
Dega, Lepes, Brickman, Buttlamo, Lenni.
Special thanks to people who created things that I used or transformed :
Pricorde & Various (cable car based on NSH first monorail)
BartolomeoPL (Cherokee fire truck seen in pics and vids)
Box5diesel (Dodge Cummings firstgen included in the zip file and Toyota longbed seen in vid)
AndrewB (Caelum .os file that I tuned to get rid of shaders problems)
WARNING: make sure you run RoR "as an administrator", otherwise the map will crash, it's like this...
- Added a full new map, dirt track, rally style
- Reworked all ground textures and materials, now features normal mapping and alpha splatting
- Reworked the vegetation a lot
- Reworked caelum sky and atmosphere
- Angelscript races for both maps
Thanks a lot to LJFHutch, who let me use his birch grass texture.
Thanks also to Lifter, I used a few objects from a previous project that he modelled and I textured.
You may like to download the K700 from ZTS which fits good in the scenery: http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/781
Activate the vegetation, the maps are really based on it.
If your computer can handle it, activate HDR, the maps are pretty much designed for this (will look rather dark otherwise)
Some videos better than long texts (the car in the second video is not available, don't ask)
This map is pure offroad with tons of mud, really deep water crossing, rocks,... It is inspired by the extreme offroad challenge held around Ladoga lake in Russia.
Play the map with vegetation ON otherwise it will look terrible.
It features a time race - not working with the present version of RoR, but fully functionnal otherwise.
Fir trees not made by me - I don't know who made them, thanks a lot they're great!
Rock textures from CGTextures.com
Here's a little somethin for those who don't have the skills to pass Devil's Playground ^.^
"Best of Mountain Bash and Small Island" Jaw-4
3 days ago I was showing my friend how maps randomly generate, and I happened to get a really awesome one. So I carved tons of intersecting trails around and through mountains
Great FPS, I average around 30 in MP with 3 other people, and I don't have a super computer!
Some of the hills are hard, some are easy, but it's a good ol' MP trail riding map
Some trails only work 1 way
Most fun to drive in with a truggy or the box5 Yota
***YOU MUST USE CAELUM SKY OR ELSE VEHICLES WILL TURN PINK***
Thanks to beta testers:
Lone Peak - Hill Climb map
Mainly added angel script race, and reworked detailled textures a bit. Also the terrain should look less polygonal in the background
The goal of this map is to give you a smooth road for hill climbing. Take a powerful rear drive car and go!
- Smooth road, spec and normal mapped
- Alpha-splatting (detailled textures)
- Marina, ferry gate, multiple load and truck spawners
And many more!
Thanks to Lenni for letting me use his stone bridge
Thanks to Lifter for providing the very cool road shader
Thanks to invited members for valuable beta testing
Most of the textures from CGTextures.com
Everything made with L3DT, Blender and GIMP
TIP: disabling vegetation should highly increase your framerate