WARNING: make sure you run RoR "as an administrator", otherwise the map will crash, it's like this...
- Added a full new map, dirt track, rally style
- Reworked all ground textures and materials, now features normal mapping and alpha splatting
- Reworked the vegetation a lot
- Reworked caelum sky and atmosphere
- Angelscript races for both maps
Thanks a lot to LJFHutch, who let me use his birch grass texture.
Thanks also to Lifter, I used a few objects from a previous project that he modelled and I textured.
You may like to download the K700 from ZTS which fits good in the scenery: http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/781
Activate the vegetation, the maps are really based on it.
If your computer can handle it, activate HDR, the maps are pretty much designed for this (will look rather dark otherwise)
Some videos better than long texts (the car in the second video is not available, don't ask)
This map is pure offroad with tons of mud, really deep water crossing, rocks,... It is inspired by the extreme offroad challenge held around Ladoga lake in Russia.
Play the map with vegetation ON otherwise it will look terrible.
It features a time race - not working with the present version of RoR, but fully functionnal otherwise.
Fir trees not made by me - I don't know who made them, thanks a lot they're great!
Rock textures from CGTextures.com
- Heavily modified Flatmap with railroad line, not so flat any more ;-)
- Two versions: Normal with manually operable switches (use your mouse) and FPS with simplified switches
- All track pieces included, you can use them to build your own map
- Working buffer stops
- A nice train spawner: circle in the front is for locos, circle in the back for wagons
- Switches are controlled by F-Buttons: F1 left, F2 straight ahead, F3 right. Click here for a tutorial
- Be careful when you operate the switches while driving a long train above multiple switches, derailments may occur
Under certain conditions derailments may occur, so be warned.
- sputnik_1: optimizing, texturing, switches, buffer stops, additional track layout, heightmap
- donoteat: track and station meshes, track layout
- BigBoy: much help and testing, train spawner, heightmap help, catenary
- Techwolf32: original map
- The Inviteds: testing
Here's a little somethin for those who don't have the skills to pass Devil's Playground ^.^
"Best of Mountain Bash and Small Island" Jaw-4
3 days ago I was showing my friend how maps randomly generate, and I happened to get a really awesome one. So I carved tons of intersecting trails around and through mountains
Great FPS, I average around 30 in MP with 3 other people, and I don't have a super computer!
Some of the hills are hard, some are easy, but it's a good ol' MP trail riding map
Some trails only work 1 way
Most fun to drive in with a truggy or the box5 Yota
***YOU MUST USE CAELUM SKY OR ELSE VEHICLES WILL TURN PINK***
Thanks to beta testers:
Lone Peak - Hill Climb map
Mainly added angel script race, and reworked detailled textures a bit. Also the terrain should look less polygonal in the background
The goal of this map is to give you a smooth road for hill climbing. Take a powerful rear drive car and go!
- Smooth road, spec and normal mapped
- Alpha-splatting (detailled textures)
- Marina, ferry gate, multiple load and truck spawners
And many more!
Thanks to Lenni for letting me use his stone bridge
Thanks to Lifter for providing the very cool road shader
Thanks to invited members for valuable beta testing
Most of the textures from CGTextures.com
Everything made with L3DT, Blender and GIMP
TIP: disabling vegetation should highly increase your framerate
I have decided to release MitCity officially, since I won't do any more work on it, I find it a bit of a waste to just "cancel" MitCity after how far it's come, so now, go enjoy the Final Release of MitCity! it will work in RoR 0.38, just some of the objects won't be collidable. in 0.39 everything is collidable.
The Map has countless elements suitable for roleplay, it has a fire station, a hospital, an impound lot, repairshop, car dealer, airport (non working) gas stations, variaty of houses from flats to villas. it even has a test centre for cars, test the suspension there, or do a full spec crashtest. the possibilities are endless!