Starling Island is an island map for Rigs of Rods (tested with v0.38.67), tuned for roleplaying. The map features:
- Port Starling - A large coastal town with docks, a marina, emergency service buildings and lots of nasty, tight corners, everything cramped around Starling bay
- Smaller towns and islands
- A large open mining area that happens to double as a neat spot to wreck vehicles
- An airstrip
- A bus stop network
- Cute details
- 6 Starling Island public service vehicles
- 3 spawn points
- Redeye (terrain, object placement, some objects, vehicle reskins & minor modifications)
- donoteat (Penguinville buildings & roads - much of this map's eye candy heavily relies on his work)
- Betzi (houses)
- Lenni (original Sprinters & Firetruck)
- Arthur Hucksake (original Stepvan)
- Some objects from the stock North St. Helens map have been utilized
- Trees from the stock F1 test track have been utilized
1. Unpack into your Rigs of Rods "terrains" folder
2. Regenerate Cache
3. Have fun!
Please delete your old Starling-Island folder before you install this one.
- Updated the Weasel rescue boat with the new, smoother-handling version
- Converted lots of textures to .dds
- Minor stuff
- Unless bugs or issues with future RoR versions arise, this is considered the "final" Starling Island. Have fun!
Hello this is a little Mod of the original Desert Trails. I just add some Roads, Sign and Houses (From the Greece Map)
I've put the roads with the Renault Terrain Editor Truck. I've not replace all the driveables zones with roads just some parts
Anyway I hope that you like this map and if YES help me with some advice, I will appreciate it
LJFHutch for the default map and other objetcs.
LJFHutch for his Greece's Houses and Church
RoR Toolkit for put in the map signs and other things
Renault Crane for helped me put roads in the map (http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/3765) and for the Tutorial by pedropp22
hello, this is mine terrain mod. I have added donoteat's angelscript bus route to the terrain
It uses angelscript to run a bus route, much like one can use angelscript for races. You drive to the first bus stop, stop, wait for ten seconds, and go to the next one. If you leave early it swears at you.
The script doesn't know at which bus station you are, so you can go to them in any order.
You can use any vehicle, even ones that aren't a bus.
Terrain - Nadeox1
Road - Nadeox1 (GCTexture for texture)
Tree Texture - Taken from Pralo Map
Snow and Rock Texture - CGTextures and Google
Angelscript bus route - donoteat & Neorej16
Road and village
I would like to show you my terrain. It was made in Ror Toolkit. Do not expect much from it - it is my first terrain. It is based on Lenni´s Opmap
Lenni (terrain model and objects)
masfilip (new object placing, lamps)
Betzi (house models)
Updated on 11.september 2012
-FPS, FPS without races, normal version, normal version without races
-lot of roads and villages, lamps in normal version
-airport for flying with your favourite plane, marina for exciting shippings with boat, trainshop for funny rides with trains and certainly truckshop
-spawned vehicles - enter and drive
-Angelscript races (from Nt.Helens map, my first try ;-))
-bustops for fun with buses ;-)
-railroad with switchers