0.4 VERSION ON THE FIRST POST OF THE THREAD!
Watch this please, just 1 minute
A Short Story you should read..
"Explorers have found this abandoned place in some unknown location. Perfect Condition, like if somebody, ...or something, has been living there.
Not a single sign of vegetation of other life signs is noticeable. The weather is always Cloudy, but it never Rains. Some weird Structures are present there, some of them have some strange signs on them, and the word N-LABS, probably the name of this place. A lab, to test what?.."
Quote from Explorers Diary:
"This place is Quiet and Spooky. Some of us are acting strange. We felt like being Watched. Those Towers, there is no way to get up there, no entrance, and we can't see trough those dirty windows. [...] At night we hear strange metallic sounds, we can't find the source of them. Maybe this place isn't as abandoned as we tought..." - Rest of the page were stripped off
Additional Notes from the Explorers found on the last page of the Diary:
-CryEngine SDK (Ground Texture)
The Explorer never returned home. We don't know who sent us the Diary.
1.5km x 1.5km.
The terrain is set in rural Greece and includes farmland, villages, forests and mountains. There is a long network of dirt and asphalt roads which run throughout the terrain and the various areas of the map complete with signs. An FPS version with reduced vegetation density and distances for use with slower computers is also included which gives a significant increase in performance.
1. Copy .zip and paste it into your RoR terrain folder (such as "C:UsersYOURNAMEDocumentsRigs of Rods 0.38terrains" (Windows 7) 2. Open the .zip and then go to a folder called "+++ Impostors +++", inside you will find a bunch of png files; copy these to wherever RoR stores imposters (default is the root directory - where the ror.exe is).
3. Run RoR and drive
I give permission for anyone to use the objects, textures, sounds and anything else created by me in this .zip for free Rigs of Rods projects provided I, LJFHutch, am credited with their creation. I also give permission to adapt or modify the objects/textures etc to suit your terrain (such as retexturing a tree's leaves, changing the saturation of the grass texture, etc), again, with proper credit and so long as you do not claim to have created them yourself. However, seek my permission for any published modification of this terrain.
Road sign textures - public domain, Swedish Transport Administration.
Normal map shader - Artifex Terra 3D, thanks also to Nipash for helping me out with that.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out, especially DeGa and Nipash.
Starling Island is an island map for Rigs of Rods (tested with v0.38.67), tuned for roleplaying. The map features:
- Port Starling - A large coastal town with docks, a marina, emergency service buildings and lots of nasty, tight corners, everything cramped around Starling bay
- Smaller towns and islands
- A large open mining area that happens to double as a neat spot to wreck vehicles
- An airstrip
- A bus stop network
- Cute details
- 6 Starling Island public service vehicles
- 3 spawn points
- Redeye (terrain, object placement, some objects, vehicle reskins & minor modifications)
- donoteat (Penguinville buildings & roads - much of this map's eye candy heavily relies on his work)
- Betzi (houses)
- Lenni (original Sprinters & Firetruck)
- Arthur Hucksake (original Stepvan)
- Some objects from the stock North St. Helens map have been utilized
- Trees from the stock F1 test track have been utilized
1. Unpack into your Rigs of Rods "terrains" folder
2. Regenerate Cache
3. Have fun!
Please delete your old Starling-Island folder before you install this one.
- Updated the Weasel rescue boat with the new, smoother-handling version
- Converted lots of textures to .dds
- Minor stuff
- Unless bugs or issues with future RoR versions arise, this is considered the "final" Starling Island. Have fun!
Yet another version of the Flatmap terrain. This time it is a mod of DNEs flatmap with his roads. (So I can have something to start with to mod the map).
This is Flatsville county. A small county with about a population of 1000. Low taxes make this a good place to start a business. All kinds of jobs are available here from a bus driver, truck driver, lawyer, farmer, teacher, pilot, crane operators and so much more.
Known bugs: Some buildings have no collision like the logging mill, your tires will get stuck in the middle of the police parking lot, and some lag when you look across the map.
There are multiple places you can spawn at.( change the spawning place by changing the .terrn file.
Construction yard, airport, race track, and town.
Credits and help:
Donoteat: for the terrain mod, Penguinville buildings and other content that is available on the repo..
Box5diesel: for some BakerRanch buildings.
Maddogtowing for the request
AndrewB for the signs
Brickman for putting it all together