Here it is, my first ever vehicle. Its come through many changes. But i'm proud to present to you my Toyota FJ40
Huge thanks to Ferrettank for his undying dedication to this mesh and Lifter for his made skills on shocks. And i cant forget to mention Jake Becwar who has helped me from the beginning of modding all the way to today, my first release.
deformers beam patch
detailed mesh suspension
and thats it
This little beast is alot of fun. It's built extremely tough to withstand a Baja map that i'm working on. I didnt want it breaking halfway through a race and having to restart.
Its alittle drifty, meaning it spins out sometimes if u land off or give it to much throttle in a turn. But once u get a feel for how to drive it, u can control it well.
Jumping can be controlled in the air with throttle and brakes. If the nose starts to drop, shift to 6th and give it full throttle until it levels out. And if the nose starts to lift up to high, just tap the brakes and it will lower the nose for a nice landing like u would on a dirtbike in the air. Again, it'll take some practice but once u get the hang of how to control it in the air u can land some really big jumps.
Has 6 headlights, so driving at night is fun. Enjoy
ZIL-135 BM-27 Uragan 9P140 launch vehicle and ZIL-135 bare chassis version
- if you downloaded before 2011. december 21. 19:00 GMT (or anytime before this note appearing) please REDOWNLOAD. Otherwise you either won't have the fifth wheel version at all, or the one with bugged wheels. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- fifth wheel version included. Keep in mind though, that most semi trailers might not fit it because of it's different position compared to normal semi tractors.
- the tires and rims are separate objects now, hence the rims won't flex anymore.
- custom engine sound. Sampled from actual Zil-135 sounds.
- some more skins.
i guess i can say merry x-mas now...
- normal mapping
- detailed exterior, flexbody, damage textures
- 8x8 drive with a unique wheel and steering layout
- good off-road capability, and no irrealistic performance
- alternate skin selection does not show up the first time you select it, only second time. Must be a RoR caching issue.
- when alternate skin is selected, material flare bindings (lights) do not work. This is confirmed to be a problem with the *.skin system.
The Oshkosh HET (Heavy Equipment Transporter) is the main US army tank transporter at this moment. It is able to carry very heavy loads across some of the worst dirt roads in existence. With its 8wd it can go places where no normal truck would be able to go. To install just copy the zipfile into the packs directory.