These are some new meshes/textures for the standard checkpoints. I tried to keep the essence of the old one while adding a few of my own ideas. They are exactly the same size as the originals and so can be drop-in replacements for the standard checkpoints RoR ships with.
Read the readme for installation instructions.
I give you permission to do whatever you want with them.
Bus Infrastructure Pack by Redeye
for Rigs of Rods
This pack contains the following objects:
- "rey_bs_bigstop": Large, modern bus stop with platform (or bus bulb) and fancy shelter
- "rey_bs_depot": Garage for two buses (or other vehicles). Can be arranged side by side to make a larger stack. Should also work as a warehouse or similiar structure.
- "rey_bs_shelter1": Roadside shelter, rugged concrete, typical of older urban bus stops
- "rey_bs_shelter2": Roadside shelter, modern
- "rey_bs_shelter3": Roadside shelter, brick, somewhat old-fashioned and rural
- "rey_bs_sign_blue": Blue bus stop sign (nothing too fancy here)
- "rey_bs_sign_white": White bus stop sign (neither)
1. Place the files into your "resources/meshes" folder in your Rigs of Rods installation directory. (Or into your particular preferred map's "terrains/my_particular_preferred_map" directory. It really doesn't matter that much.)
2. Rig up the terrain editor truck with the object names above.
3. Scatter them around your map.
Assuming you have a _rough_ idea of what you're doing ...
... all the included objects bear coloured linings (somewhat black-ish by default) that can be customized according to your needs (or rather, according to the needs of the fictional transit company you may have in mind). To change the colour, open the ".material"-file of the according object, find the material that ends with "..._col", and change the "ambient" value to reflect your desired colour. Colour data is in RGB values.
You may distribute these objects with your map provided you credit me as their creator.
This is a very short guide that wil introduce newbies to Rigs of Rods. I made this since the wiki is getting old and sometimes it's hard to understand. This is a PDF File. So download the ZIP and open the PDF with whatever PDF Viewer you have.
Hope it was helpfull
It's quite big since it's has images to explain stuff better
These are just some road textures that I made a while back and thought you guys would like to have them.
Update: The preview images didn't change because I couldn't remove the ones that we're already there. But with the update I have:
- Improved realism of the road lines. Thanks to Al T. for suggesting I improve them.
- Added a gravel shoulder
- Made all textures 4x higher resolution
- Removed double yellow lined version, I thought it was quite ugly
I created this chassis to use as a base for trucks. Thanks to squishy for helping me with the suspension and steering. Feel free to modify but discuss here before releasing it into the repository.discuss here. I already know the engine cannot reach onto the final gear.
Slide in Truck Camper with a modified 94 Dodge pickup truck.
Updates from previous version:
-Fixed legs on camper
-Fixed ties on truck
-Updated help on truck
-Updated to commands2(version 0.34) and remapped keys
Back up the modified Dodge to the camper, make sure you are lined up well.
Press "O" to secure camper.
Then tap F3 to retract legs.
Make sure you delete the old version before using this one as it will cause undesirable results.
Drop this file into your packs folder within your Rigs of Rods directory.
Does not need any other files to work.
I hope you all like it and have fun
Thank You Box5Diesel for the 94Dodge.
These are an update to Aperion's logs he made back in 2007. These are uploaded with permission.New: New Texture, with a bark texture (not debarked) New Weight (2T, 5T, 10T) DOES NOT OVERWRITE OLD LOGS.