This pack is my attempt to capture the Streamline Moderne style popular in the 1930s and 1940s. The vehicles are all fictional, but their performance is realistic. I hope you'll enjoy driving them as much as I have enjoyed making them.
1948 Martin T64S "Custom" Tractor
A very low-slung 6x4 tractor. It has independent front suspension with double wishbones and load sharing rear suspension. The engine is a naturally aspirated 12-cylinder diesel driving through a 7-speed gearbox and locking differentials. Overall length is 29 ft, wheelbase 22 ft from front axle to centre of rear axle group, width 102 in, height 14 ft 9 in to tip of smokestacks. Kerb weight is 20,000 lbs, gross combination weight 80,000 lbs.
Fully loaded, the T64S will reach a top speed of 60 MPH with one of the included trailers. It will accelerate from 0-50 MPH in 1 minute, 0-60 MPH taking approximately 2 minutes.
1948 Martin O40 Tanker
A streamlined tank trailer in fictional "Hexaco" livery. Steel unibody, load sharing suspension. Overall length is 40 ft, wheelbase 28 ft from kingpin to axle group centre, width 102 in, height 10 ft 6 in. Loaded weight is 60,000 lbs.
1948 Martin F45 Flatbed
A simple flatbed trailer with stainless steel load deck and load sharing suspension. The deck is submeshed with the rollon flag and has ties to secure loads. Overall length is 45 ft, wheelbase 36 ft from kingpin to axle group centre, width 102 in, deck height 59 in, overall height 79 in to top of bulkhead. Kerb weight is 12,500 lbs, rated load 47,500 lbs.
1948 Martin V59 "Streamliner" Dry Van
A very large and somewhat impractical dry van. It has a streamlined stainless steel unibody and load sharing suspension. Overall length is 59 ft, wheelbase 47 ft from kingpin to axle group centre, width 102 in, height 14 ft 9 in. Loaded weight is 60,000 lbs.
These have only been tested in Rigs of Rods version 0.38.67.
The wheels have 40 nodes each, and the meshes were made in Sketchup. Don't expect these to be FPS-friendly.
The trailers are roll coupled via the system used by Lenni and Badboy for trailer steering. The centre of gravity and suspension are tuned accordingly; the trailers may topple easily on trucks that lack these nodes.
To minimise rolling resistance, the wheels are pushing the limits of the beam engine. They tend to oscillate when stationary. Caution is advised when stopping or parking on slopes as they may creep.
The trailers have very low drag. The T64S will not pull most other trailers at high speed.
CGTextures does not allow redistribution of its textures under open source licences. You must remove/replace their texture before releasing modifications of this truck. All other assets used are available for modding. See the readme for specific file information and licensing details.
Here it finally is! The Bombardier ALP-45DP dual powered locomotive.
It comes in two different liveries, AMT (Canada) and NJT (USA).
Both a version of the locomotive in diesel and in electric mode is available, only difference are the sounds and the removed exhausts on electric version.
Please carefully read the instructions BEFORE posting useless questions:
Use the train spawner placed on the map (small building where it says "Trains") or place it on a straight track piece via the .terrn file, DO NOT spawn in the truck spawner this will not work.
The ALP uses default truck controls. Always stay in automatic-transmission, it will not shift in the second gear!
F5/F6: to rais or lower the pantograph.
CTRL + 1: change directional lighting
CTRL + 2: front ditch lights
CTRL + 3: front lights
CTRL + 4: rear ditch lights
CTRL + 5: rear lights
CTRL + 6: wipers
The knouckle couplers couples other trains (using the same coupler, of course...) like other ALP's automatically. When coupled, both carriages are connected to each other ingame. If you want to uncouple two carriages, you need to unlock couplers on BOTH carriages in between you want to uncouple. The ALP has a small lever next to the rear knuckle coupler (with a lock/unlock-sign next to it) that can be grabbed by mouse. Pull to "unlock" position on both carriages and done. Not that complicated.
sputnik_1 - Without him this would not have been possible. He made trains actually work in Rigs of Rods (as you will see after reading this and testing the locomotive), outgoing from donoteats basic layout design. Furthermore he helped a lot with tweaking the ALP, to make it drive as good as it does. Many many thanks mate!
donoteat - He once had the idea to bring trains to RoR and made the great layout we are now using.
And thanks to the inveted members who tested this!
Added ropables so it can now be lifted with a crane.
Game might crash when you want to couple two ALP's, to avoid this disable high quality refelctive effeckts!
Added some copyright file to the zip, since someone found it necessary to use my mesh without permission for another game.....
This is the Liebherr LTC 1045-3.1. It's a small compact crane which can lift 45t at close range.
The crane is fully skinable and you can download the PDN files here You are allowed to release new skins onto the repo but please make it a .skinzip!
Be sure you got an up to date RoR version
- Lenni for mapping the whole crane and his tons of work on finishing this project!(Mirrors, flares and N/B fixes!)
- AIN_002 for editing meshes and bug fixes on the N/B
You can also find the controls by the T-screen. (just press T in-game)
- Working wipers ( F12)
- Front window can now be opened ( F9/10)
This is the new version of my old towercrane, I improved the whole N/B part and the whole crane acts more like in real life now, I also improved all mesh parts and added a hook-cam, it is also possible to skin the crane now. The crane can be spawned by the menu or just place it on a map.
All content is for use in Rigs of Rods only. Read the copyright file included in the zip!
This is a small map I built for my erectable wind engine.
- Contains all parts of my fully transportable and erectable wind engine. See included manual for button assignments
- A winding road to transport the windmill pieces
- A small train track with tunnels
- Nice looking textures and vegetation (Thanks for all your help DeGa!)
Update! Placement has changed!!! Remove all old files of this crane, even those in your map zips!!! Please read the Readme included in the zip file for a detailed installation description, controls and other useful information! You need RoR >V0.38.33!
- Two versions: the crane itself and the crane mounted in a warehouse
- Two independently controllable crane bridges with collision protection
- A big load spawner for the crane itself
- One truckspawner and three loadspawners in the warehouse
- All warehouse doors are openable
- Meshes with ambient occlusion
New in Version 3:
- File cleanup, that means you need to change your *.terrn file a bit. Check the manual!
- Updated meshes and textures
- A new train version
- Many N&B tweaks
- All commands adjusted: you can now use the throttle to speed them up
A big thanks to BigBoy and Craneman for testing and Bugfixing!
You will find the old version as well as Flatmap with the crane placed on it there.
- Detailed meshes
- Accurate kinematics
- Realistic lifting capacity (refer to the board on the crane!)
Start the engine and put the Crane in NEUTRAL!
- F1/F2: Rotate
- F3/F4: Trolley (use throttle to speed up if needed)
- F5/F6: Hook Up/Down (use throttle to speed up if needed)
- F7/F8: Extend/Retract Jib
- F9/F10: Raised-jib working angle
- Ctrl+F1/F2: Assemble/Disassemble
- Ctrl+F3/F4: Outriggers
- Ctrl+F5/F6: Legs
- Ctrl+F7/F8: Trailer wheel up/down
- Ctrl+F9/F10: Turn trailer wheel
- And as usual lock loads with "o"
You can also see the commands by pressing "T" ingame.
Basical procedure: Ctrl+F4 to fold outriggers; Ctrl+F6 once for legs, Ctrl+1 [NOT F1!] to display the baseplates, Ctrl+F6 again for legs. Then Ctrl+F2 to erect the crane automatically. Jib control is on F7/F8. Jib angle is on F9/F10. Retract automatically on Ctrl+F1.
- sputnik_1: meshes, node and beam, sounds, textures
- BigBoy, Craneman, Lifter, Inviteds, Donators: testing and help, thanks a lot!
It can load 1x 40', 45' or 48' are also possible, but that may result in too much front and rear overhang and then the container might hit the tractor unit.
The other possibilities are 2x 20', 1x 20' in the middle or at the end with retracted chassis back.
You can extend and retract the rear end to fit different containers on, and it is possible to adapt the suspension to different heights and loads,
the command keys show up in the ingame preview.
There is also a version with two containers fixed to the trailer for people who don't bother loading or unloading it.
If you want to reskin it please use the GUID system and skinzip files, then you can upload your skins to the repo.
Don't modify anything else or use parts of it on other models without my permission please.
2008 KME Predator fire engine, based on the fire engine from Butler NJ.
- Openable doors and windows
- Tilting cab
- Animated props; driveshafts, light switches, pedals, dashboard needles...
- Can simulate engine torque twisting force (RoR first)
- Comes in 2 versions; caterpillar and detroit, both equiped with allison 5 speed auto transmission
- 22 commands (F1 to Ctrl+F12)
- 9 custom lights (Ctrl+1 to 9)
-Default light bar flares showing on the roof when "M" was pressed
-Broken turn signal
-Mirrors are back again
-Added Eminox's engine/gear ratio & driving aids
-Now accept .skinzip files
-Detroit and Caterpillar version are combined into the same .truck file, use the in-game menu to make your choice.
Starling 911, this is Starling Engine 1 responding. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I this is my first upload, and I have made a skin for the KME Preditor by Cydvx and Pascal. With Cydvx's permission I am releasing it. Now mind you this is a Standalone skin, Instructions are in the zipfile. they should help you.
Credit: Cydvx and Pascal for the original KME and Blank skin [read more]
WARNING: make sure you run RoR "as an administrator", otherwise the map will crash, it's like this...
- Added a full new map, dirt track, rally style
- Reworked all ground textures and materials, now features normal mapping and alpha splatting
- Reworked the vegetation a lot
- Reworked caelum sky and atmosphere
- Angelscript races for both maps
Thanks a lot to LJFHutch, who let me use his birch grass texture.
Thanks also to Lifter, I used a few objects from a previous project that he modelled and I textured.
You may like to download the K700 from ZTS which fits good in the scenery: http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/781
Activate the vegetation, the maps are really based on it.
If your computer can handle it, activate HDR, the maps are pretty much designed for this (will look rather dark otherwise)
Some videos better than long texts (the car in the second video is not available, don't ask)
This map is pure offroad with tons of mud, really deep water crossing, rocks,... It is inspired by the extreme offroad challenge held around Ladoga lake in Russia.
Play the map with vegetation ON otherwise it will look terrible.
It features a time race - not working with the present version of RoR, but fully functionnal otherwise.
Fir trees not made by me - I don't know who made them, thanks a lot they're great!
Rock textures from CGTextures.com
Here is a small, technical course in an Australian outback setting, with plenty of collidable custom objects. I've improved the ground traction from previous versions, and fixed the initial spawn point. Dega has helped by added alphasplatting to the terrain and also duplicating some of the trees and rocks.
Pack now includes 2 P-boom versions.
This is the FLK-1500, a strong crawler crane and designed by AIN_002. The crane is not mapped but you can still skin some parts and change colors of meshes. I recommend downloading the skin pack from Rotexx. Uploading your own skin is allowed but please upload it as a skinzip.
F1/2 - Rotating the crane
F9/10/11/12 - Moving the tracks
You can view the rest of the commands in the T-screen
This pack includes 6 cranes
- FLK-1500 with 108m boom
- FLK-1500 with 108m P-boom
- FLK-1500 with 58m boom
- FLK-1500-NT with 108m boom
- FLK-1500-NT with 108m P-boom
- FLK-1500-NT with 58m boom
There might be coming more version of this crane like something with a jib but that will be a matter of time.
This zip also includes counterweight for the crane, which can simply be locked to the back of counterweight-arm with L!
Oh and before more people start crying about this: The counterweight can't be lifted off the ground when there is no heavy load in the hook! (which is logical and real!).
Here is the first US rolling stock, so you can finally tow some waggons with my ALP.
A loadable 40ft boxcar, comes in several liveries.
You can open the doors by grabbing the levers at the doors, the couplers can be locked/unlocked (both sides like on my ALP!) with the bigger lever at one end, on the other end there is a lever for the handbrake. Grab those with the mouse, you do not need to enter the waggons
If you enter a boxcar through the vehicle selection menu game will crash if you try to exit the boxcar, simply change into another enterable vehicle via the menu and exit there.
donoteat, maddrix for skins
sputnik_1 for helping me with adjusting the node/beam.
This is an skin for Lenni's Man TGS 32.350 LTF 1060 Crane Truck.
I've skinned it to an "Feuerwehr Kran" With the marking 'KW-065'
This is an fictional skin loosely based off real german fire apparatus. [read more]
Here's my jeep, it's been in development for nearly a year, it's my first vehicle that I finished.
-Seperate hood/grille, for (atleast decent) deformation (My first try):
"Deformation is awesome." -Gabester -Dana 44 axles
-Atlas II transfercase
I've used real life gear ratios from both the gearbox and transfercase.
With custom sounds.
Credits to Fat-Alfie for his shock texture.
-38" Pitbull Rockers
-Custom made rollcage
-Openable boot and bonnet
-A wide variety of moving parts
-Super soft tyres
Thanks to Fat-Alfie's wheelbeams
-and lots more.
[18-03-2012]-Fixed the idle sound, added ropables, made steering stronger. [08-05-2012]-Wheels tuning: added meshwheels2 and did some more tuning to Fat-Alfie's wheelbeams. Less bouncy wheels, better handling on and off the trails. -Minor fixes.
1.5km x 1.5km.
The terrain is set in rural Greece and includes farmland, villages, forests and mountains. There is a long network of dirt and asphalt roads which run throughout the terrain and the various areas of the map complete with signs. An FPS version with reduced vegetation density and distances for use with slower computers is also included which gives a significant increase in performance.
1. Copy .zip and paste it into your RoR terrain folder (such as "C:UsersYOURNAMEDocumentsRigs of Rods 0.38terrains" (Windows 7) 2. Open the .zip and then go to a folder called "+++ Impostors +++", inside you will find a bunch of png files; copy these to wherever RoR stores imposters (default is the root directory - where the ror.exe is).
3. Run RoR and drive
I give permission for anyone to use the objects, textures, sounds and anything else created by me in this .zip for free Rigs of Rods projects provided I, LJFHutch, am credited with their creation. I also give permission to adapt or modify the objects/textures etc to suit your terrain (such as retexturing a tree's leaves, changing the saturation of the grass texture, etc), again, with proper credit and so long as you do not claim to have created them yourself. However, seek my permission for any published modification of this terrain.
Road sign textures - public domain, Swedish Transport Administration.
Normal map shader - Artifex Terra 3D, thanks also to Nipash for helping me out with that.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out, especially DeGa and Nipash.
Hello, I'm here to show a skin that created the MB Atego COMAX, with permission of the coco, the company's Brazilian postal service called Correios or Sedex.
Show some pictures and hope you like it.
Credits to Coco and Pedro, creators of the vehicle. [read more]
well here is my first upload the the repository its a skin for the Mercedes-Benz Atego with CoMax-Body&Lift V2 the skin is for my company called rormart. you dont have to sign up to get the skin if you do wish to purchase or sign up here is the link: rormart
to install just put the DDS file in your MB-Atego-CoMax.zipMB-Atego-CoMax.zip and your done [read more]
- Detailed meshes
- Animated cab
- Realistic buffers, coupling, suspension
- Custom sounds
- Click here for a tutorial how to couple
- F4 Wipers
- F5/6 coupling in the back
- F7/8 coupling in the front
- F9/10 coupling bar length in the back
- F11/12 coupling bar length in the front
- Ctrl + 1/2: Lights
- Ctrl + 3: speedo illumination
- Ctrl + 4: interior lights
- sputnik_1: meshes, node and beam, sounds, textures
- BigBoy: much help and testing, thanks a lot!
- The Inviteds: testing
Not compatible with BigBoys Bombardier ALP!
Update: Now including the blue and red skin. Please notice: The flares don't work when you choose the blue or red skin!
- Heavily modified Flatmap with railroad line, not so flat any more ;-)
- Two versions: Normal with manually operable switches (use your mouse) and FPS with simplified switches
- All track pieces included, you can use them to build your own map
- Working buffer stops
- A nice train spawner: circle in the front is for locos, circle in the back for wagons
- Switches are controlled by F-Buttons: F1 left, F2 straight ahead, F3 right. Click here for a tutorial
- Be careful when you operate the switches while driving a long train above multiple switches, derailments may occur
Under certain conditions derailments may occur, so be warned.
- sputnik_1: optimizing, texturing, switches, buffer stops, additional track layout, heightmap
- donoteat: track and station meshes, track layout
- BigBoy: much help and testing, train spawner, heightmap help, catenary
- Techwolf32: original map
- The Inviteds: testing
- Detailed meshes
- Realistic buffers, coupling
- Custom sounds
- Animated stakes
- Hook system to fix your loads
- Coupling is done by pulling up/down the orange cylinders (nr. 1 and 2) at the edges with your mouse. Click here for a tutorial
- You can fix your loads by pulling down the orange cylinder nr. 3
- When you are in a locomotive, use Ctrl+F1/2 to retract the collision box and Ctrl+F3 to flip the stakes
- Sputnik_1: meshes, node and beam, sounds, textures
- BigBoy: much help and testing, thanks a lot!
- The Inviteds: testing
This is not compatible with BigBoys Bombardier ALP!
-updated version, rope spreading works now and ballastbox sides don't lock up anymore-
-new update: wheel definition updated and new working mirrors added.
This is a pack with a semi version and a ballastbox version of this truck,
it also contains a jib which can be fitted to both versions.
After a very long time of making this truck it is finally finished,
it features a fully funcional crane,
animated parts like driveshafts and control levers
animated cockpit, lights all around the truck,
custom sounds and a contactable surface on the truck.
Special thanks to Betzi who made the original mesh for the crane
and to Miura who helped with the engine and weight settings,
also to Aperion for the slidenodes patch.
No mods of this without permission by me,
also no use of parts of this truck on other trucks without permission.
Skin mods don't need special permission, but don't upload the whole truck again
but only the edited texture files.
third upload to the repository another skin for my company rormart this skin is for the MAN TGX 26.530 with Palfinger PK 44002 that lenni made to install it you just put the DDS file in to your Lenni-MAN-TGX26530Crane-7a6eUID.zip and you done!