DS9 Off Shore Crane - Science Research & Salvage
Belongs to the DS9 Submarine!
- a 2-bridged overhead crane on the water
- sidewarts extendable main booms to unload onto the land
- a car/cargo deck that can lock down loads and cars.
- a car ramp to drive on/off with vehicles..
- hooks that go under water to pick up sunken ships or loads
- side-thrusters for better manuverability
- underwater flares to see what you lift at night..
it can lift/transport/unload at least 70 tons!
I haven't tried heavier stuff..
This Crane is opensource - do with it as you like..
It is a containership, it's name is "Cargo Princess"
there is place for either 7 of those 40ft containers or 14 at 20ft.
I'm not sure if also other containers fit - didn't test that..
The max speed is about 28kn.
the ship uses 65 ties to lock down all containers and it's net weight is about ~96 tons.
(Note: the name of the map can be seen at the end of the video)
You may mod it use it and crash it as much as you like!
Consider this ship "Open Source" like Rigs of Rods..
A fictional small & fast multi-purpose boat for Rigs of Rods (tested with 0.38.67). Features:
- Thrust vectoring (arrow keys) for tight maneuvers
- Working rudder (F7/F8) for course fine-tuning
- Can tow other boats (F11/F12 for tug rope, click-&-drag to position end of rope, L to lock on)
- Searchlight (F9/F10 to rotate, N to switch on/off)
- Lights (Ctrl+1)
- Emergency beacons (M) on rescue boat version
- 2 different versions (rescue boat and civilian version without emergency beacons), 5 different skins
- Lots of ropables for all your lifting & loading needs
- Works with the skinzip system
It's safe to delete your old weasel folder and replace with the new one. Changes:
- Lowered center of gravity to achieve more stability and tweaked engine power to account for the changed handling
- Converted all textures to .dds, easing up a few FPS
If you want to release a mod of this boat, follow 2 simple rules:
- Credit the original author (or authors, if you're modding a mod)
- No conflicts with the original version! Change all material names, mesh names, texture names, give it an all-new UID and GUID.
If you just want to make a skin for the Weasel, make a *.skinzip. After all, that's precisely what the system was designed for. The good news is you won't have to worry about conflicts with the original.
Submarine Deep Sea 9 - or DS9
For Science and Research..
divedepth: all the way down to 30 meters and beyond..
- crane arm to salvage crates, cars and other stuff.. - I lifted 1.7 tons with it.. probbably goes more..
- cockpit with 4 windows to see, what is around under the water..
- trailer-interface - is needed to load it on a trailer for land transport
- some nodes to lift it with a crane - you need something like Demag ZKKE
the zip contains:
- submarine DS9
- 3 FPS versions with reduced quality or even removed some cameras - made a lot difference..