This is a small, easy to fly helicopter built by HagDeVries ( meshes & textures ) and Lifter ( node/beam, animated dashboard & physics )
The teaser video:
First mission video:
How to fly:
- enter the helicopter
- all engines on ( Ctrl+Home / Strg+Pos1)
- all engines full throttle ( Ctrl+PageUP / Strg+Bild hoch)
- wait for engines reach 100% before lifting off
F1/2: collective Lift control up / down
F3 to F8: Trims. Very helpful for keyboard users, can be used as forward flight cruise control too. ( Info in the T-screen or zoom to the trim indicator on the center console in the cockpit )
F9/10: load-hook UP/DOWN
F11/12: load-hook-cam screen fold/unfold
Arrow-keys / Pfeiltasten for cyclic blade pitch. Forth/Back to dive/climb, Left/Right to strafe
Rudder-keys / Rudertasten for tail rotor pitch (Z/X or Y/X depending on keyboard layout). Tail rotor impact reduces with increasing speed. Just like the real ones.
Ctrl+1/Strg+1: visual laser-scanner for easy pickups. Helps a lot when picking up loads in pilots view using the hook-cam screen.
Ctrl+2/Strg+2: avionic lights
"n": front light ( working flare added for night flights)
"L": operate the hook to grab a load or release it
"o": operate the ties to attach or detach
"ALT-L": release an underbelly attachment ( -> load file)
- fuel consumption..if you run it dry, you kill your engines.
Consumes fuel in flight, refuels when landed AND engines are off.
There is a fuel indicator in the dash ( the green on in the center ) and you will see warning lights.
YELLOW: 50% // RED-Flashing: Get fuel fast!
- custom sounds
- custom wingfoils
- special rotor-head visuals
Swapping textures depending on Engines RPM
- video-screen in the cockpit for easy load pickups in pilots view (use F11/F12 to show)
- laser scanner in the hook for easy load pickups ( use Ctrl+1 / Strg+1 )
- there is a LOAD file in the zip, which contains a base frame for attachments.
It will auto-lock to any helicopter of this series within 3 meters.
You are free to build your own underbelly attachments for this helicopter.
- flexbody skids
- it is NOT crash-able, just built to fly and have fun
- can lift itself:
- Update #1: Contacters added to land on other vehicles
- max external load: 1000 kg, lift-dead max is about 1500 kg+, ( warning indicator in the dashboard )
- Top Speed: 150 knots ( warning indicator in the dashboard ) You will get in serious trouble flying too fast.
This project was built in several hundreds of hours. So please just show some respect to our work and rate it fair.
This RoR's first single rotor helicopter with collective and cyclic flex rotor head and static rear rotor transmission that flies stable and very controllable.
Approximately 9 months of development.
No mods without permission!
How to fly:
All engines at full power ( Ctrl-Home and then Ctrl-PageUP ) and Rotor-head RPM Indicator GREEN ( Cockpit view, top left indicator) to fly.
Check the T-Screen for commands, its all in there.
- featuring an automatic hover aid system, its very easy to control while flying slow trying to hover in position and at height.
- hook with extended grip range...to make load pickups easier, the hook in the middle has a hook-range upgrade.
A rotary wing prototype I worked on for a while and recently decided to upload. It's designed to mimic the way modern helicopters work and is thus just like real helicopters capable of flying upside down. It flies quite stable and with a little practice is easy to use.
Up/Down arrows controll ascent/decent
Left/Right arrows rolls the craft to the left and right
Z/X rotates the craft
F2 pitches forward F1 pitches backwards.
Flaps can be used to create a constant positive lift when you want to concentrate on manouvering.
Start both engines and set them to full throttle before waiting for about fifteen seconds for both rotors to spin up to full speed. Then use the up arrows to take off and the other controlls to keep the craft steady. With practice the helicopter is quite responsive and manouverable.
How to lift off, fly and pick up a load...READ THIS FIRST
- you can always see a help-chart by pressing and holding F4 in pilots view ( SAR and Logger only )
- you can get a better overview by pressing F3 once in pilots view, released by pressing F4 once ( SAR and Logger only )
Enter the helicopter
Press the Parking Break
ctrl (strg) Pos1: Fire up all engines simultaneously
ctrl (strg) Page up: Maximum Power to all engines
Page down once, you overpower it and please reduce it by 1 click, only use the BOOST for extrem Load lifting, it will stress the rotorheads to the absolute maximum they can withstand. If the AOA-Inidicators is permanently OVER 15 ( the red marker ), you need a parachute
..wait until engines reach green area... 96 RPM (%)
gently apply F1 until the Helicopteri lifts off
Arrowkey UP: Accelerate/forward flight: Nose down ..watch your height and apply more lift if needed (F1)
Arrowkey Down: Breaking/reverse flight: Nose up, reduce lift for some time not to gain too much height (F2)
Z/X (Y/X) :Turning, will do a pivot in hover mode that needs minor corrections not to drift / accelerate...just watch the virtual horizon Will bank and turn in forward flight faster then 30 knots, additional nose down + banking = higher turn ratio..
Arrowkeys Left/Right: Strafing while hovering, Bankingl left/right in forward flight
1. Picking up a load
Land close to a load with ONE ropable, best placed in top center
Press O to shoot out the tie
Wait for the tie to move the hook sideways
Apply rope to let the tie pull the node to the ropable at the load (F5)
When tie stops working, lock the hooknode (L) and then release the tie (O)
Apply more rope to get some manouver space for the heli
-> Start, center the heli over the load, climb slowly, correct against the weight of the load and lift it off (F1)
- Pull the load close to the heli with F6 to fly and gain control
Releasing it is easy: L to drop it, F6 and then L to place it
You can lift and fly 13 tons, dont go too fast or the rotorhead will deform permanently and you need a parachute instantly
2. Rollon Loads: (SAR and Logger only)
Drive in a car with 5 (!) ropables, one on each edge and one in the center.
Park in the middle of the Helicopter, activate Parkingbrake, switch of the engine, leave the car
Enter the helicopter, Press "O" to tie the car down. It needs to be really centered in the helicopter, weight balancing is vital for flight characteristics.
LilBunniFuFus helicopter modded by myself to have skids, this time with a fixed menu name, the last time it had the same name as LilBunniFuFus version, now it has a different one, I hope your landings are easier, and have fun!