In the mountains
This is my first Terrain made in L3TD. It has long road around mountains. It´s ideal for testing your brakes. It changes color from lighter to darker when you play with time. Also have spawned Scania Wrecker.
Authors: masfilip (terrain heighmap, object placing)
Starling Island is an island map for Rigs of Rods (tested with v0.38.67), tuned for roleplaying. The map features:
- Port Starling - A large coastal town with docks, a marina, emergency service buildings and lots of nasty, tight corners, everything cramped around Starling bay
- Smaller towns and islands
- A large open mining area that happens to double as a neat spot to wreck vehicles
- An airstrip
- A bus stop network
- Cute details
- 6 Starling Island public service vehicles
- 3 spawn points
- Redeye (terrain, object placement, some objects, vehicle reskins & minor modifications)
- donoteat (Penguinville buildings & roads - much of this map's eye candy heavily relies on his work)
- Betzi (houses)
- Lenni (original Sprinters & Firetruck)
- Arthur Hucksake (original Stepvan)
- Some objects from the stock North St. Helens map have been utilized
- Trees from the stock F1 test track have been utilized
1. Unpack into your Rigs of Rods "terrains" folder
2. Regenerate Cache
3. Have fun!
Please delete your old Starling-Island folder before you install this one.
- Updated the Weasel rescue boat with the new, smoother-handling version
- Converted lots of textures to .dds
- Minor stuff
- Unless bugs or issues with future RoR versions arise, this is considered the "final" Starling Island. Have fun!
Quite big update, even if everything cannot be seen:
- A big rock
- More trails
- Performance optimization
- Underwater is dark
- Detailled textures reworked
- Better shading
A small island with detailled ground for offroad fun! Try to get on the water near the marina, there is a path there.
You will also find a giant parabolic antenna and an oil buoy inspired by Brent Spar where you can land with an helicopter.
There is also a little rock-crawling trail.
Hope you'll like it
Thanks Lifter for testing
CGtextures for Brent Spar and ground
Map made with L3DT
This is the Nhelen's terrian basicly , just more buildings .etc,
There is a Parking Garage & a building on the side of it with a little lot , That is for Tow Companies, The lot is for Tow Companies to park their Wreckers, and the Garage is for the tow companies to park their Repo'd / Wrecked Cars.
This is not completely done, but have fun and test out what is done of it :P
PM me if you need help.
**NOTE: If you have the nhelen terrain map in DocRoRTerrain , Please move it to somewhere else, as this one has the same name .. it is not required, but if you dont you will see two "North St. Helen" Maps in side the game, in this case select the one that shows "nhcustom.terrn"
It says Errors found with some sort of truck, but there really isnt. i tested it on my two computers and it worked fine.
This is the Small Island V2
This file contains:
-Truck Dealer fix
*This means the level with the garage is leveled with the road so that you won't need a truck to drive on Small Island!
-Works great when using low-to-ground vehicles!
Remember to remove the old smallisland.zip in order for this one to work. If this terrain revision lags, it's your computer. Should work for any version of Rigs of Rods above version 0.36. Pm me if you need any help installing, or if having problems doing so.
This is a terrain that was originally in a terrain pack by Pricorde. I added Roads, vehicle spawns and water... (It was made before water was implemented.) The roads are mostly bus friendly, unfortunately the terrain does bleed thru the road in a couple of places. Just slow down and you will be fine though. The map is ready for more edits but I feel this is a strong enough base to release, have fun and if you decide to mod, please credit Pricorde and me.
The mountain is around 530m tall, and the key feature of the terrain, is the insane road that spirals it way to the peak. There is a tall communications mast situated on the summit, owned by the small company: "Eagles Peak Telecom International", who have a small office at the islands port. There is a small port/base area with a hanger, docks, ferry loader, truckshop, load spawner.
This is a very FPS friendly arctic map I made in L3DT. It looks great in 0.36.2 while driving the offroad S10. It's only 1025x1025 so it's not huge but not tiny either. This is also my 1st upload so don't expect it to be the greatest map in the world. I will add a truckshop when I get the chance to do so. BTW, this map was tested on an Intel Pentium T2080 Dual core processor and a Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chip Family.