Well, here it finally is.
After 7 months of work, one major rebuild and 3 N/B strutures, it's ready.
-Fully meshed Interior and Exterior
-Accurate Engine/Gearbox Data
-Opening Roof Hatches and Engine Bay
-Changeable destination board, with 7 destinations to choose from
-Realistic Handling - Use of a steering wheel is recomended
-Ten Skins, plus a white one
If you'd like to make a comment or suggestion, or found a bug, please visit this thread. The Operations Manual, that contains detailed information on the bus and it's features, can also be dowloaded from there: http://forum.rigsofrods.com/index.php?topic=32078.0
Should work now, I have fixed the previous problem that prevented the engine to work. I also have been trying to enhance the suspension (on the Atlantic' version) but it is not finished and since I am not working on it anymore here is the update
It was Renault's successful coach during the 90's, here in its tourism version. This is a node-to-beam model with some meshes for details
The FR1 features :
- openable front and rear passenger doors, driver door and cargo doors
- chrome-custom wheels
- passenger seats and roof luggage compartment
- fully customized dashboard with working indicators (lights, brakes ans blinkers) and separated speedo-meter and rpm-meter
- front and rear passenger cameras
- custom mirrors, the right one is usable from the front-passenger camera
- 11 additional skins in the "skinned" version (you have to chose in the list and CLICK on OK to load one of them)
- a lot of fun to drive (rear anti-roll bar)
Install (0.36 and higher)
- Drag and drop your renault_FR1_GTX.zip in your My Documents/Rigs Of Rods/vehicles folder
The Magelys is a tourism coach that will transport passengers in a very comfortable and quiet environment along long distances.
The model is a flexbody, so it will deform when crashed (not so realistic though), but it also have a lot of nice features :
- comes with 6 nice skins
- has driver view, hostess view, front passenger view and rear passenger view
- all passenger, cargo and driver doors open realistically
- custom dashboard with speedo, tacho, and indicators for gears, blinkers, flares and brakes
- working mirrors for easy parking, the right one can be used from the hostess view
- working windscreen wipers (Ctrl+1)
- retractable hostess seat (Ctrl+4)
- tiltable passenger seat backrests (Ctrl+3)
- openable toilet door (Ctrl+2) viewed from rear passenger view
- 3 foldable screens (Ctrl+5) viewed from passenger views
Here is a video that explains it more than words and pictures
If you are interested in seeing the development of this bus or if you want to make a comment or show a skin come and visit the dedicated topic on the forums : Magelys topic
- chassis & mesh : pr14sl
- skins : pr14sl, Agora Citelis, kots, tommy 69300, Qer
special thanks to Neusatz_Busse who provided the gear ratios, and to all the beta testers
Hi, this is the brand new version of the Renault PR 14 SL by pr14sl ! It still is a node to beam model but very enhanced with a lot of new details
ONLY WORKS WITH 0.36 AND ABOVE
This new version features :
- Chrome meshwheels
- Meshed windscreen sweepers, front bumper and rear light bar
- Custom dashboard with indicators for blinkers, brakes, lights and passenger lights, and of course working tachometer and speedometer
- 2 passenger seat views to watch the scenery !
- Fancy interior with comfortable old-fashioned seats and roof storage
- 8 different skins, just choose in the list, and if you forget to choose the nicest one will appear !
- Openable front and rear doors
This is the two axle verion of the NEOPLAN tourliner.
It has working dashboardindicators, collision and much more.
The README.pdf is included in the zip.
Please post any problems and discuss here: NEOPLAN-tourliner
Unfortunately I made a silly mistake, so RoR displays ;V 1.0 in the select menu instead of the name of the box... You can cin a fix for that in the fist post of the thread you find above.
EDIT: there is now a V2 version of this bus released : PR14SL V2 download link, it features a detailed interior, custom dashboard, quicker to load, appearing inside the garage, ... The only drawback is that it only works with RoR 0.36 and higher
Here are 4 versions of the old French bus PR14, the tourism version PR14SR, the interurban version PR14SL and two fictive versions: Gendarmerie and FDNY style Firebus.
-Deformable node-to-beam model
-Working opening doors with fancy help picture
-siren, beacons and flashlights for the Firebus
Unzip the PR14.zip file and drop the 4 zip files in your "packs" folder.
-pr14sl for chassis and texturing
-whyregister for the beacons used by Gendarmerie and Firebus versions
Forum link (You will find a blank white skin there, in case you want to do some texturing) : PR14 forum link
Decided to release the neoplan, since it was gathering virtual dust and im working on much better projects now.
The first zip, is the main bus. The secound zip contains skins and truck files.
To use a skin:
Go to the correct folder , then go to the replace folder. Copy all files in the replace folder and paste them in your luxd folders which should be in packs.
Note that the mini pictures won't update unless your regenerate/ clear your cache but your skins will update.
To use a truck file:
There are 2 truck files, one with lots of passenger cams and the other with a faildash I made ages ago, its adds a little more feel to the bus but sucks so its your choice if you want to use it or not.