A proper control map configuration for the DFGT provides full 900 Degree steering.
How to install
1- After backing up original Input.map (or renaming to Input.map.old) place this input.map in your documentsRigs of Rods 0.38config directory. -Note: you will find the original there too
2- Import the RoR profile (Rigs of Rods.xml) to your Logitech Gaming Software (Under "Properties" select "Import" and browse for the xml to where you extracted it.
-Note: In order for 900 degrees to work properly run Logitech Gaming Software as Administrator (This will help other games too) if you don't like like 900 degrees then i suggest you still use the profile just use the software to edit it.
Also: Force Feedback works best with the configuration set to Overall 100%, Steering Force Feedback 400%, and rest 0% (These options can be found in the RoRConfig Under Controls, Force Feedback)
>Circle= T -Keystroke (Physics Engine Analyses Overlay)
>GT5 Dial Enter Button=Backspace Function
>GT5 Dial Left(+)/Right(-)= Field of View Adjustment
Edit> Keyboard Controls Unmodified other then: R=Replay J=Rescue (Reversed)
Simply replace the old "input" file with this one.
It will be located in Libraries>documents>Rigs of Rods 0.38>Config
Finally open rorconfig and disable forced feedback.
For those of you who may need guidance with motioninjoy setup, here ya go!
There has been a problem with ror crashing upon entering a vehicle. If you have this problem please disable your forced feedback in the rorconfig.
Please be aware that this key map is for people who wish to use their Playstation 3 controllers by utilizing the MotioninJoy software. It is also designed to be used with the default "PS3" profile setting within MotioninJoy.
UPDATE 1.1: This is the revised controller for auto and manual transmissions. Camera issues were also resolved in which the camera rotated a different speed than the character.
UPDATE 1.2: Minor adjustment to camera control button configuration.
UPDATE 1.21: Clutch for manual transmission added into the controller description(No download necessary).
Note: If anyone can and would like to help, I am having trouble finding a way to remove the artificial steering centering. This causes the steering wheel to return slowly, which may work for keyboard users, but makes joystick steering very difficult at high speeds. Please don't hesitate to PM me and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
auto up/down shift.......Directional pad up/down
Rotate camera.............Directional pad left/right(in vehicle)
..................................Right Joystick(on foot)
Change camera view....Select
Reset Camera..............R3(press right joystick)
Horn...........................L3(press left joystick)
Toggle Axle Lock...........Cross
Clutch..........................Square(full manual trans)
Guys please consult with me before placing blame. I provide support to people who need help getting this working correctly. Responses in the comments such as "sort it out" when YOU'RE the 1 making installation mistakes or having problems makes me not want to help you.
This add-on pack contains 16 Belgian emergency services vehicules mods.
All vehicules have unique ID's so they will not overwrite the original trucks.
1) if you don't have RoR version 0.34, then you are crazy; install it
2) download and open the emergency_vehicules_addon_by_fonzie_v01.zip file
3) copy all the seperate zip-files inside the big zip file into the packs folder
4) DO NOT put the big zip-file as a whole in the packs folder
If you already downloaded some of my trucks, overwrite them with the new ones (including the ladder trucks which are part of the 0.34 release, I updated a minor issue to prevent future compatibility bugs)
Includes the following trucks:
-Civil defense Daf flatbed
-Federal police CP-OPS and signalisation truck
-Volvo firetruck ampliroll 8x8
-Daf firetruck ampliroll 6x6
-Daf firetruck ampliroll 4x4
-Renault kerax firetruck CP-OPS
-Man firetruck elevator
-Volvo firetruck autopomp with fully controlable watercanon
-Daf firetruck tanker with fully controlable watercanon
-Airport Crashtender 02 with fully controlable watercanon
-Volvo firetruck-IGS (intervention dangerous products)
-Daf iretruck - Heavy transport
-Scania firetruck wrecker
-Daf firetruck wrecker
-Renault Kerax firetruck ladder with basket
-Renault Kerax firetruck ladder straight high visibility tip
I would like to thank the authors of the original trucks my work is based on, all credits go to these people
for more info: read the README.pdf in the zip-file.
This is a very comprehensive mapping of the ror controls to the PS3 controller. I have spent a lot of time on this and it should work with the latest version. See the included picture, for the actual controls.
*to enable your ps3 controller to work with ror and your computer, follow a dodgy tutorial at your own risk!*
- meshes made with great care and attention to detail
- animated suspension (includes leaf springs and shocks)
- animated steering link
- animated drive shafts (no they dont rotate. just flex with the suspension)
- detailed meshwheels and rims
- custom sounds (includes jeep starter and engine sounds and a custom crash sound: warning these are 'eh' in terms of quality. i know no one thats owns a jeep. and had to record off the internet. google video FTW!)
somwhat of an interior (made to look good from drivers perspective. and from outside looking into the windows) which includes
- working dashboard gauges
- working steering wheel ( yes its a new steering wheel in an old jeep. i like it better then the old ones)
- custom jeep seats
- flares (headlights, brake lights, blinkers and reverse lights)
- comes with all the 0.36 goodies including
- specular textures (real world reflections)
- damage texture
- antena bounces around and bends wile driving.
These are just some road textures that I made a while back and thought you guys would like to have them.
Update: The preview images didn't change because I couldn't remove the ones that we're already there. But with the update I have:
- Improved realism of the road lines. Thanks to Al T. for suggesting I improve them.
- Added a gravel shoulder
- Made all textures 4x higher resolution
- Removed double yellow lined version, I thought it was quite ugly
Bus Infrastructure Pack by Redeye
for Rigs of Rods
This pack contains the following objects:
- "rey_bs_bigstop": Large, modern bus stop with platform (or bus bulb) and fancy shelter
- "rey_bs_depot": Garage for two buses (or other vehicles). Can be arranged side by side to make a larger stack. Should also work as a warehouse or similiar structure.
- "rey_bs_shelter1": Roadside shelter, rugged concrete, typical of older urban bus stops
- "rey_bs_shelter2": Roadside shelter, modern
- "rey_bs_shelter3": Roadside shelter, brick, somewhat old-fashioned and rural
- "rey_bs_sign_blue": Blue bus stop sign (nothing too fancy here)
- "rey_bs_sign_white": White bus stop sign (neither)
1. Place the files into your "resources/meshes" folder in your Rigs of Rods installation directory. (Or into your particular preferred map's "terrains/my_particular_preferred_map" directory. It really doesn't matter that much.)
2. Rig up the terrain editor truck with the object names above.
3. Scatter them around your map.
Assuming you have a _rough_ idea of what you're doing ...
... all the included objects bear coloured linings (somewhat black-ish by default) that can be customized according to your needs (or rather, according to the needs of the fictional transit company you may have in mind). To change the colour, open the ".material"-file of the according object, find the material that ends with "..._col", and change the "ambient" value to reflect your desired colour. Colour data is in RGB values.
You may distribute these objects with your map provided you credit me as their creator.
This is a sound you can use in any vehicle you may like, it would would sound the best in a big mud truck, the sound is a 454 Chevy Big Block With A Isky Cam, it sounds awesome, i captured the sound from my buddies lifted chevy, i would love some feedback, the picture of the truck is the truck i got the engine sound from.