I have decided to release MitCity officially, since I won't do any more work on it, I find it a bit of a waste to just "cancel" MitCity after how far it's come, so now, go enjoy the Final Release of MitCity.
The Map has countless elements suitable for roleplay, it has a fire station, a hospital, an impound lot, repairshop, car dealer, airport (non working) gas stations, variaty of houses from flats to villas. it even has a test centre for cars, test the suspension there, or do a full spec crashtest. the possibilities are endless!
Bus Infrastructure Pack by Redeye
for Rigs of Rods
This pack contains the following objects:
- "rey_bs_bigstop": Large, modern bus stop with platform (or bus bulb) and fancy shelter
- "rey_bs_depot": Garage for two buses (or other vehicles). Can be arranged side by side to make a larger stack. Should also work as a warehouse or similiar structure.
- "rey_bs_shelter1": Roadside shelter, rugged concrete, typical of older urban bus stops
- "rey_bs_shelter2": Roadside shelter, modern
- "rey_bs_shelter3": Roadside shelter, brick, somewhat old-fashioned and rural
- "rey_bs_sign_blue": Blue bus stop sign (nothing too fancy here)
- "rey_bs_sign_white": White bus stop sign (neither)
1. Place the files into your "resources/meshes" folder in your Rigs of Rods installation directory. (Or into your particular preferred map's "terrains/my_particular_preferred_map" directory. It really doesn't matter that much.)
2. Rig up the terrain editor truck with the object names above.
3. Scatter them around your map.
Assuming you have a _rough_ idea of what you're doing ...
... all the included objects bear coloured linings (somewhat black-ish by default) that can be customized according to your needs (or rather, according to the needs of the fictional transit company you may have in mind). To change the colour, open the ".material"-file of the according object, find the material that ends with "..._col", and change the "ambient" value to reflect your desired colour. Colour data is in RGB values.
You may distribute these objects with your map provided you credit me as their creator.
Took the classic Nhelens terrain and ran it through L3DT generating some new textures. I also fixed the lighting issues of the terrain staying light when using caelum. Should still be pretty fps friendly. Simple but effective in giving this terrain a new life. All credit goes to Pricorde for the original terrain, and credit to me for the textures.
This is another version I made for Verniocity. It is compatible with the other one (the original one )
Anyway this version have the city with flood roads. A lot of objects are destroyed and there are trees, bus stops on the road and many other things!
-Houses by Yodel714 and TheRock1990;
-Other buildings by Redeye, PORTALized and TheRock1990;
-Trees by Mirfi + one little modification by me (I take them from one of the Pedropp's maps);
-Heightmap, Texture Map and some object, object placing by me;
-The fallen log is by LJFHutch;
-Some of the new textures for this mod by CG Textures.
NOW WITH ALPHA SPLATTING
REMEMBER: YOU NEED TO DELETE CACHE FOR MAKE THIS WORKING CORRECTLY!!!
IMPORTANT: For a better perfomance of the map you should activate the particles sistem, waves and good water settings. This map is full of trees and the water make the map FPS killer, so it's not recommended for potato/toasters computer. Sorry.
Road and village
I would like to show you my terrain. It was made in Ror Toolkit. Do not expect much from it - it is my first terrain. It is based on Lenni´s Opmap
Lenni (terrain model and objects)
masfilip (new object placing, lamps)
Betzi (house models)
Updated on 11.september 2012
-FPS, FPS without races, normal version, normal version without races
-lot of roads and villages, lamps in normal version
-airport for flying with your favourite plane, marina for exciting shippings with boat, trainshop for funny rides with trains and certainly truckshop
-spawned vehicles - enter and drive
-Angelscript races (from Nt.Helens map, my first try ;-))
-bustops for fun with buses ;-)
-railroad with switchers
Yet another version of the Flatmap terrain. This time it is a mod of DNEs flatmap with his roads. (So I can have something to start with to mod the map).
This is Flatsville county. A small county with about a population of 1000. Low taxes make this a good place to start a business. All kinds of jobs are available here from a bus driver, truck driver, lawyer, farmer, teacher, pilot, crane operators and so much more.
Known bugs: Some buildings have no collision like the logging mill, your tires will get stuck in the middle of the police parking lot, and some lag when you look across the map.
There are multiple places you can spawn at.( change the spawning place by changing the .terrn file.
Construction yard, airport, race track, and town.
Credits and help:
Donoteat: for the terrain mod, Penguinville buildings and other content that is available on the repo..
Box5diesel: for some BakerRanch buildings.
Maddogtowing for the request
AndrewB for the signs
Brickman for putting it all together
Starling Island is an island map for Rigs of Rods (tested with v0.38.67), tuned for roleplaying. The map features:
- Port Starling - A large coastal town with docks, a marina, emergency service buildings and lots of nasty, tight corners, everything cramped around Starling bay
- Smaller towns and islands
- A large open mining area that happens to double as a neat spot to wreck vehicles
- An airstrip
- A bus stop network
- Cute details
- 6 Starling Island public service vehicles
- 3 spawn points
- Redeye (terrain, object placement, some objects, vehicle reskins & minor modifications)
- donoteat (Penguinville buildings & roads - much of this map's eye candy heavily relies on his work)
- Betzi (houses)
- Lenni (original Sprinters & Firetruck)
- Arthur Hucksake (original Stepvan)
- Some objects from the stock North St. Helens map have been utilized
- Trees from the stock F1 test track have been utilized
1. Unpack into your Rigs of Rods "terrains" folder
2. Regenerate Cache
3. Have fun!
Please delete your old Starling-Island folder before you install this one.
- Updated the Weasel rescue boat with the new, smoother-handling version
- Converted lots of textures to .dds
- Minor stuff
- Unless bugs or issues with future RoR versions arise, this is considered the "final" Starling Island. Have fun!
This is the DS9 Map: Submarineworld 09 - "The Ocean" part 1
you have 4 large harbours for containers, passengers and other goods..
..a trainline, suited for container transport
a fire department and a bus-line with lot's of bus-stops..
a large and deep watermass with some underwater stuff to explore and salvage
not all is perfect - I made some mistakes that got obviouse too late to restart..
..I've fondeled around a lot - and I think it is now playable..
however - it is not quite what I had in mind..
sputnik_1, DEMAG ZKKE & Railroad system (thanks for the help)
Redeye, bus-stops, bus-depot
donoteat, industrial buildings, cementplant
I dont know, distcenter (was told I may use it but have no idea who made it originally)
blendswap, the ship wreck, cc0
train tracks, docks, industrial building 1&2, Trainbridge, Castle and the map
This is a desert island, it has no roads but tracks are marked with washed-up logs. There is a few very small settlements dotted around the island.
You start on a peninsula in the midde of the bay and drive across the sunken bridges to get to the island.
You'll need a decent offroad car as there's a section where the track dips underwater, and quite a few large mounds in the roads (where I didn't quite do the heightmap right lol)
LJFHutch: Every single non-default object in the terrain (most of the objects I have taken from his Greece map).
PsychoDog: The actual terrain.
F1 Terrain Creator: V1.2 uses trees from the F1 Test Track.
Some fixes and improvements to the island. For the full list of all the edits read the readme. The main edits I've made is to the sunken bridges on the penninsula (I've got rid of the log section since that caused some problems when you drove over it) and added a couple more tracks and buildings. Also added some crops to the farmers field so it's not just green ground any more.
Never released Versions 1.1 - 1.19 because I didn't think there was a big enough change to justify a reupload, so this is the first update. Please tell me if I've screwed anything up that was correct in V1 and I'll fix it.
This works best with 0.38.67. If you use 0.39 there may be some extra bugs (e.g. I had a lot of collision problems when I tested with anything newer than 0.38.67) and things may not look quite right. No fixes are planned for obvious reasons (0.4 is going to be the next release, not 0.39).
*PLEASE DELETE THE OLD ZIP (Zyk.zip) BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS ONE!*