Yet another version of the Flatmap terrain. This time it is a mod of DNEs flatmap with his roads. (So I can have something to start with to mod the map).
This is Flatsville county. A small county with about a population of 1000. Low taxes make this a good place to start a business. All kinds of jobs are available here from a bus driver, truck driver, lawyer, farmer, teacher, pilot, crane operators and so much more.
Known bugs: Some buildings have no collision like the logging mill, your tires will get stuck in the middle of the police parking lot, and some lag when you look across the map.
There are multiple places you can spawn at.( change the spawning place by changing the .terrn file.
Construction yard, airport, race track, and town.
Credits and help:
Donoteat: for the terrain mod, Penguinville buildings and other content that is available on the repo..
Box5diesel: for some BakerRanch buildings.
Maddogtowing for the request
AndrewB for the signs
Brickman for putting it all together
Bus Infrastructure Pack by Redeye
for Rigs of Rods
This pack contains the following objects:
- "rey_bs_bigstop": Large, modern bus stop with platform (or bus bulb) and fancy shelter
- "rey_bs_depot": Garage for two buses (or other vehicles). Can be arranged side by side to make a larger stack. Should also work as a warehouse or similiar structure.
- "rey_bs_shelter1": Roadside shelter, rugged concrete, typical of older urban bus stops
- "rey_bs_shelter2": Roadside shelter, modern
- "rey_bs_shelter3": Roadside shelter, brick, somewhat old-fashioned and rural
- "rey_bs_sign_blue": Blue bus stop sign (nothing too fancy here)
- "rey_bs_sign_white": White bus stop sign (neither)
1. Place the files into your "resources/meshes" folder in your Rigs of Rods installation directory. (Or into your particular preferred map's "terrains/my_particular_preferred_map" directory. It really doesn't matter that much.)
2. Rig up the terrain editor truck with the object names above.
3. Scatter them around your map.
Assuming you have a _rough_ idea of what you're doing ...
... all the included objects bear coloured linings (somewhat black-ish by default) that can be customized according to your needs (or rather, according to the needs of the fictional transit company you may have in mind). To change the colour, open the ".material"-file of the according object, find the material that ends with "..._col", and change the "ambient" value to reflect your desired colour. Colour data is in RGB values.
You may distribute these objects with your map provided you credit me as their creator.
Starling Island is an island map for Rigs of Rods (tested with v0.38.67), tuned for roleplaying. The map features:
- Port Starling - A large coastal town with docks, a marina, emergency service buildings and lots of nasty, tight corners, everything cramped around Starling bay
- Smaller towns and islands
- A large open mining area that happens to double as a neat spot to wreck vehicles
- An airstrip
- A bus stop network
- Cute details
- 6 Starling Island public service vehicles
- 3 spawn points
- Redeye (terrain, object placement, some objects, vehicle reskins & minor modifications)
- donoteat (Penguinville buildings & roads - much of this map's eye candy heavily relies on his work)
- Betzi (houses)
- Lenni (original Sprinters & Firetruck)
- Arthur Hucksake (original Stepvan)
- Some objects from the stock North St. Helens map have been utilized
- Trees from the stock F1 test track have been utilized
1. Unpack into your Rigs of Rods "terrains" folder
2. Regenerate Cache
3. Have fun!
Please delete your old Starling-Island folder before you install this one.
- Updated the Weasel rescue boat with the new, smoother-handling version
- Converted lots of textures to .dds
- Minor stuff
- Unless bugs or issues with future RoR versions arise, this is considered the "final" Starling Island. Have fun!
This is the terrain that you should use in my server and any other server that uses this terrain. The standard Rockton County BM terrain will not work with my server.
This is an edit to Brickman’s Rockton County BM terrain. I really wanted to make a Rockton server, but there were a few problems holding me back. I decided that I would make the changes myself, considering that I do have a good grasp on making a
terrain, although I do not have the patience nor the time to make one of my own.
Here are the changes to this map:
• Took away trees (this terrain is for a server, and its best to reduce lag as much as possible)
• Changed the name of the .terrn file to work with the server
Although it doesn’t seem like a made a lot of changes, these are instrumental in making this terrain work on a server.
Because this map is so big, you may still experience lag. If you do, there isn’t much I can do to help you. This is a big map with a lot of objects, and that can severely hurt your framerate.
I give all credit for making this terrain to the original owners of this terrain. The same goes for the creators of the objects used in this terrain. I in no way am stealing or purposely plagiarizing any of the owner’s original work. And no, I did not get permission. You want permission? Here’s your permission: “Since it is not officially my terrain, you can modify without my permission.” This is from the original Credits description file that is still in this zip, written by, I assume, Brickman.. Let’s give a big round of applause to all of the contributors and makers of this terrain.
1.5km x 1.5km.
The terrain is set in rural Greece and includes farmland, villages, forests and mountains. There is a long network of dirt and asphalt roads which run throughout the terrain and the various areas of the map complete with signs. An FPS version with reduced vegetation density and distances for use with slower computers is also included which gives a significant increase in performance.
1. Copy .zip and paste it into your RoR terrain folder (such as "C:UsersYOURNAMEDocumentsRigs of Rods 0.38terrains" (Windows 7) 2. Open the .zip and then go to a folder called "+++ Impostors +++", inside you will find a bunch of png files; copy these to wherever RoR stores imposters (default is the root directory - where the ror.exe is).
3. Run RoR and drive
I give permission for anyone to use the objects, textures, sounds and anything else created by me in this .zip for free Rigs of Rods projects provided I, LJFHutch, am credited with their creation. I also give permission to adapt or modify the objects/textures etc to suit your terrain (such as retexturing a tree's leaves, changing the saturation of the grass texture, etc), again, with proper credit and so long as you do not claim to have created them yourself. However, seek my permission for any published modification of this terrain.
Road sign textures - public domain, Swedish Transport Administration.
Normal map shader - Artifex Terra 3D, thanks also to Nipash for helping me out with that.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out, especially DeGa and Nipash.
Road and village
I would like to show you my terrain. It was made in Ror Toolkit. Do not expect much from it - it is my first terrain. It is based on Lenni´s Opmap
Lenni (terrain model and objects)
masfilip (new object placing, lamps)
Betzi (house models)
Updated on 11.september 2012
-FPS, FPS without races, normal version, normal version without races
-lot of roads and villages, lamps in normal version
-airport for flying with your favourite plane, marina for exciting shippings with boat, trainshop for funny rides with trains and certainly truckshop
-spawned vehicles - enter and drive
-Angelscript races (from Nt.Helens map, my first try ;-))
-bustops for fun with buses ;-)
-railroad with switchers
This is a desert island, it has no roads but tracks are marked with washed-up logs. There is a few very small settlements dotted around the island.
You start on a peninsula in the midde of the bay and drive across the sunken bridges to get to the island.
You'll need a decent offroad car as there's a section where the track dips underwater, and quite a few large mounds in the roads (where I didn't quite do the heightmap right lol)
LJFHutch: Every single non-default object in the terrain (most of the objects I have taken from his Greece map).
PsychoDog: The actual terrain.
F1 Terrain Creator: V1.2 uses trees from the F1 Test Track.
Some fixes and improvements to the island. For the full list of all the edits read the readme. The main edits I've made is to the sunken bridges on the penninsula (I've got rid of the log section since that caused some problems when you drove over it) and added a couple more tracks and buildings. Also added some crops to the farmers field so it's not just green ground any more.
Never released Versions 1.1 - 1.19 because I didn't think there was a big enough change to justify a reupload, so this is the first update. Please tell me if I've screwed anything up that was correct in V1 and I'll fix it.
This works best with 0.38.67. If you use 0.39 there may be some extra bugs (e.g. I had a lot of collision problems when I tested with anything newer than 0.38.67) and things may not look quite right. No fixes are planned for obvious reasons (0.4 is going to be the next release, not 0.39).
*PLEASE DELETE THE OLD ZIP (Zyk.zip) BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS ONE!*