made for RoR Terrains: 0.36*, 0.37, 0.38, 0.39* | Trucks: 0.37*, 0.38, 0.40
*Possible or partial compatibility. Not guaranteed to work.
I'm finally getting around to releasing this, since I don't plan on doing anything more to it.
IMPORTANT! If it crashes on the first launch after installing the zip, then re-start ror and it should work fine. IMPORTANT! To run the snow map, you need to run RoR as an administrator.
Derbymutt's Offroad Course
Derbymutt's Snow Course
Derbymutt's Baja Trail Truck
Derbymutt's Hummer Trail Truck
The overall inspiration for these maps and cars was the old 1997 game Test Drive: Off-Road.
The Offroad course features Angelscript races and ambient sounds and particles.
The Snow course features realistic snow physics and nice calceum settings.
Derbymutt's Offroad Course - Desert 1: [Multiplayer Leaderboard]
- Trailblazer [Multiplayer Leaderboard]
- Main Track [Multiplayer Leaderboard]
- Mud Pit [Multiplayer Leaderboard] Author: Derbymutt
-Maps created with Unity 3D 2.6
-Maps Splatmapped with Unity 3D 2.6
-Maps A/O Baked with Unity 3D 2.6
-Splat Tilesets created in PDN
-Vegetation textures created in GM8 Pro
-Particle textures created in GM8 Pro & PDN
-Sounds mixed in Audacity
-Tree Meshes created in Sketchup 8
-Wind sounds created in Audacity
-Custom Material Shaders
-Calceum sky settings
-Vehicle meshes created in Blender
-N/B's based on modifications to my Baja buggy n/b
-Tire meshes created in Sketchup 8 and finalized in Blender
-Vehicle Textures created in PDN
-V8 Hemi created in Sketchup 8 and finalized in Blender
-Various Vehicle meshes created in Sketchup 8
-Various Vehicle textures created in GM8 Pro & PDN
-Hud created in PDN
-Sign mesh created in Sketchup 8
-Sign textures created in PDN
-Pyramid mesh created in Sketchup 8
-Checkpoint barrel mesh created in Sketchup 8 and finalized in Blender
-Barrel mesh created in Sketchup 8 and finalized in Blender
-Barrel textures made in Blender
-Checkpoint gate mesh created in Sketchup 8 and finalized in Blender
-Checkpoint gate textures created in Microsoft PowerPoint 2007, PDN, and Blender Author: Stock assets (CC/public GNU/Royalty Free)
-Tree textures: Google stock assets
-Pyramid textures: Google stock assets
-Animal sounds: YoYoGames stock assets
-Vehicle sounds: RoR stock assets Author: Miura
-Base Splat Material from Wiki
RoR 0.4.0.7+ version! Will not work in any version below. This is a "beta", so expect errors.
IMPORTANT!!! My trains will be updated for RoR 0.4.0.7+ soon, in the meantime, rename the *.truck or *.load-files of any rail equipment to *.train and remove the two *.skin files. This way you can use the new trainspawner.
- Heavily modified Flatmap with railroad line, not so flat any more ;-)
- Two versions: Normal with manually operable switches (use your mouse) and FPS with simplified switches
- All track pieces included, you can use them to build your own map
- Working buffer stops
- A nice train spawner: circle in the front is for locos, circle in the back for wagons
- Alpha splatting on terrain
- New textures
- Updated trainspawner for usage of *.train files
- Simple vegetation
- Some simple gravel roads
- Implemented the train Hall that comes with my Demag ZKKE
- Some minor tweaks
- Switches are controlled by F-Buttons: F1 left, F2 straight ahead, F3 right. Click here for a tutorial
- Be careful when you operate the switches while driving a long train above multiple switches, derailments may occur
Under certain conditions derailments may occur, so be warned.
My special thanks goes to ulteq for his great work on RoR itself!
- sputnik_1: optimizing, texturing, switches, buffer stops, additional track layout, heightmap
- donoteat: track and station meshes, track layout
- BigBoy: much help and testing, train spawner, heightmap help, catenary
- Techwolf32: original map
- The Inviteds: testing
All content is for use in Rigs of Rods only! Read the copyright file included in the zip file!