This is a small, easy to fly helicopter built by HagDeVries ( meshes & textures ) and Lifter ( node/beam, animated dashboard & physics )
The teaser video:
First mission video:
How to fly:
- enter the helicopter
- all engines on ( Ctrl+Home / Strg+Pos1)
- all engines full throttle ( Ctrl+PageUP / Strg+Bild hoch)
- wait for engines reach 100% before lifting off
F1/2: collective Lift control up / down
F3 to F8: Trims. Very helpful for keyboard users, can be used as forward flight cruise control too. ( Info in the T-screen or zoom to the trim indicator on the center console in the cockpit )
F9/10: load-hook UP/DOWN
F11/12: load-hook-cam screen fold/unfold
Arrow-keys / Pfeiltasten for cyclic blade pitch. Forth/Back to dive/climb, Left/Right to strafe
Rudder-keys / Rudertasten for tail rotor pitch (Z/X or Y/X depending on keyboard layout). Tail rotor impact reduces with increasing speed. Just like the real ones.
Ctrl+1/Strg+1: visual laser-scanner for easy pickups. Helps a lot when picking up loads in pilots view using the hook-cam screen.
Ctrl+2/Strg+2: avionic lights
"n": front light ( working flare added for night flights)
"L": operate the hook to grab a load or release it
"o": operate the ties to attach or detach
"ALT-L": release an underbelly attachment ( -> load file)
- fuel consumption..if you run it dry, you kill your engines.
Consumes fuel in flight, refuels when landed AND engines are off.
There is a fuel indicator in the dash ( the green on in the center ) and you will see warning lights.
YELLOW: 50% // RED-Flashing: Get fuel fast!
- custom sounds
- custom wingfoils
- special rotor-head visuals
Swapping textures depending on Engines RPM
- video-screen in the cockpit for easy load pickups in pilots view (use F11/F12 to show)
- laser scanner in the hook for easy load pickups ( use Ctrl+1 / Strg+1 )
- there is a LOAD file in the zip, which contains a base frame for attachments.
It will auto-lock to any helicopter of this series within 3 meters.
You are free to build your own underbelly attachments for this helicopter.
- flexbody skids
- it is NOT crash-able, just built to fly and have fun
- can lift itself:
- Update #1: Contacters added to land on other vehicles
- max external load: 1000 kg, lift-dead max is about 1500 kg+, ( warning indicator in the dashboard )
- Top Speed: 150 knots ( warning indicator in the dashboard ) You will get in serious trouble flying too fast.
This project was built in several hundreds of hours. So please just show some respect to our work and rate it fair.
[center]This is a 0.38.67 updated (Original one) Twin otter with fire sprayers on the bottom, floating submeshes, and a pimpin' paint job. Also has tuned engines. Press G to spray. You must have particals on to spray. You must have water on to float. You must install RoR to run this. Version .32 or later. All credits to original author of the updated Fire Otter, Mac_Trekkie.
Based loosely on the Pitts-Special aerobatic Bi-plane, this aircraft will perform pretty much every maneuver imaginable, roll, loops, cuban 8's.
The stall is very harsh and will usually result in a "Death spiral", but it usually only happens when the rudder is used violently, kill the engine and hold the nose down and it will regain control.
Steer on the ground with the rudder keys Z / X.
The "G" key is used to activate the smoke, which is very cool.
Use the flaps to trim the flight so it flies level. (i.e press "2" three or four times.)
If you are landing, completely cutting the engine will result in a much smoother glide than just closing the throttle.
This is my first creation, and a link to the forum thread is here: Pitts-Special
Authors; Davded (N/B, Meshes, Textures)
If you want to mod or edit this file, please give credits and links to the original creator and file.