Quite big update, even if everything cannot be seen:
- A big rock
- More trails
- Performance optimization
- Underwater is dark
- Detailled textures reworked
- Better shading
A small island with detailled ground for offroad fun! Try to get on the water near the marina, there is a path there.
You will also find a giant parabolic antenna and an oil buoy inspired by Brent Spar where you can land with an helicopter.
There is also a little rock-crawling trail.
Hope you'll like it
Thanks Lifter for testing
CGtextures for Brent Spar and ground
Map made with L3DT
Starling Island is an island map for Rigs of Rods (tested with v0.38.67), tuned for roleplaying. The map features:
- Port Starling - A large coastal town with docks, a marina, emergency service buildings and lots of nasty, tight corners, everything cramped around Starling bay
- Smaller towns and islands
- A large open mining area that happens to double as a neat spot to wreck vehicles
- An airstrip
- A bus stop network
- Cute details
- 6 Starling Island public service vehicles
- 3 spawn points
- Redeye (terrain, object placement, some objects, vehicle reskins & minor modifications)
- donoteat (Penguinville buildings & roads - much of this map's eye candy heavily relies on his work)
- Betzi (houses)
- Lenni (original Sprinters & Firetruck)
- Arthur Hucksake (original Stepvan)
- Some objects from the stock North St. Helens map have been utilized
- Trees from the stock F1 test track have been utilized
1. Unpack into your Rigs of Rods "terrains" folder
2. Regenerate Cache
3. Have fun!
Please delete your old Starling-Island folder before you install this one.
- Updated the Weasel rescue boat with the new, smoother-handling version
- Converted lots of textures to .dds
- Minor stuff
- Unless bugs or issues with future RoR versions arise, this is considered the "final" Starling Island. Have fun!
The one and only Mount Hamont. A deadly road, more then 50 deaths each month, not for unskilled drivers.
Only a few made it to the village Hamont, but the most, crashed. A lot had to return, but for most, the turning back became fatal.
Semi's will never get to the village. But the question is, how does the village get their supplies?
You have to bring them the supplies, your choice what vehicle.
Added grass. It is the first time I added grass.
The Ford can be found in the Cars and Light vehicles section of the forum.
The houses appear to be disappeared in the last update when I added the grass, so there is not a small village anymore.
-Yodel714 for some houses
-me for creating it
-Prt Audiman for helping it to get it in game
-Beta testers Discussions on the thread! Also for more info!Mt-Hamont-climb
The mountain is around 530m tall, and the key feature of the terrain, is the insane road that spirals it way to the peak. There is a tall communications mast situated on the summit, owned by the small company: "Eagles Peak Telecom International", who have a small office at the islands port. There is a small port/base area with a hanger, docks, ferry loader, truckshop, load spawner.
Here's a little somethin for those who don't have the skills to pass Devil's Playground ^.^
"Best of Mountain Bash and Small Island" Jaw-4
3 days ago I was showing my friend how maps randomly generate, and I happened to get a really awesome one. So I carved tons of intersecting trails around and through mountains
Great FPS, I average around 30 in MP with 3 other people, and I don't have a super computer!
Some of the hills are hard, some are easy, but it's a good ol' MP trail riding map
Some trails only work 1 way
Most fun to drive in with a truggy or the box5 Yota
***YOU MUST USE CAELUM SKY OR ELSE VEHICLES WILL TURN PINK***
Thanks to beta testers: