DELETE THE OLD ZIP BEFORE USING THIS ONE!
-Added a load Spawner
-Added a truck shop on the top
-Added 2 version: Spawn on Top and Black Ice (Road is all ice) both with FPS version too
==== Trailer (please watch it)
After some long time working on this map it's finally done
It was made as showcase for the my Meshed Roads Tutorial.
What it has?
- A long Meshed Road made in Blender (yey some smooth road) - A nice landscape - Road Signals (Watch out for them, they are usefull) - Normal and FPS version (With trees and without them) - Perfect for Racing, Cruising, Hauling or launching yourself from the cliff :P
Terrain - Me
Road - Me (GCTexture for texture)
Tree Texture - Taken from Pralo Map
Snow and Rock Texture - CGTextures and Google
Made for RoR 0.4.0.7. There is a version for 0.38.67 included too, but I really recommend 0.4.0.7 for this.
Warning! Due to a bug in RoR 0.4.0.7 the game ocassionally crashes when driving a train over a switch. This is a game bug which I have no influence on. I hope it will be fixed in future versions of RoR.
If you are using RoR 0.38.67, disable "High-Quality reflective effects" in the configurator!
If someone wants to make better sounds for this, please contact me. I would be very grateful.
- NEW! Remade meshes with new textures
- Animated cab
- NEW! Animated cooling system
- Realistic buffers, coupling, suspension
- NEW! 0.4.0.7 only: Continous controls
- NEW! Two versions: Manual and automatic coupling system
- NEW! 0.4.0.7 only: Multiple-unit train control possible. To do so, activate importcommands with Ctrl+Shift+I on the train you won't be in and set both locomotives in the same state (engine on, automatic on "D" or "R"). You can then control both trains with F5/F6.
- Custom sounds
- Camerarail (0.4.0.7 only)
- Click here for a tutorial on how to couple
- F5/6: 0.4.0.7 only: Train control: Continous throttle and brake. F6 loosens brake and engages throttle, F5 the opposite.
- F7/8: coupling in the back
- F9/10: coupling in the front
- Ctrl+F1/F2: Engage/Disable continous train control (When pressing Ctrl+F2, you can use arrow up and down for driving the train, like in the past)
- Ctrl+F5/F6: Flip automatic coupler in the back (only automatic coupling version)
- Ctrl+F7/F8: Adjust coupler lenght in the back
- Ctrl+F9/F10: Adjust coupler lenght in the front
- Ctrl+F11/F12: Flip automatic coupler in the front (only automatic coupling version)
- Ctrl+1/2: Lights
- Ctrl+F3: Wipers
- sputnik_1: meshes, node and beam, sounds, textures
- BigBoy, Craneman, Inviteds: testing, thanks a lot!
Hello. This is the last version for Verniocity, is, the last. No more updates for this, since it has everything now.
The interesting part of this map is that is an urban map, but not a flat map.. Anyway it have a long highway around the map, an offroad course, houses, fire department, so everything that an urban map need.
It have grass, trees, alpha splatting that give a nice look the the map..
Use direct X
pedropp22 Some time ago he give me a help with the texture map, I think it's a nice thing to credit him
scania970 Heightmap, some objects, objects placing and other things
CG Textures Textures
Please watch this short video (Is updated) just 2 minutes
This is another version I made for Verniocity. It is compatible with the other one (the original one )
Anyway this version have the city with flood roads. A lot of objects are destroyed and there are trees, bus stops on the road and many other things!
This is the SKINZIP for the International 4400 Rollback.It is in the Tims Truck Service&Towing company design.Just put the file into the packs folder.you need the original 4400 files in the vehicles section.
Hello, this is the official release of my brand new map for 0.4.0.7. It's Test Area.
This little island in the middle of the sea, have an area where you can test your vehicle with some objects I made. Those are my first objects with 3Ds Max so they are not well made and bad textured. I'm sorry about that.
There are some walls, two ramps and some slalom cones, not so much for a map called Test Area. If I have some ideas I'll update the map with something new.
I tried to make the map good looking and with everything but keeping it FPS friendly, I think I did a good job.
-Miura, original help this is the first map I take to 0.4 and he gave me a lot of help;
-Fat-Alfie, vegetation material;
-Klink, fix on trees textures;
-Me, the rest.
If I accidentally forgot someone, please send me a PM
I decided to release it how it is, and see how it does on peoples computors. I have a pretty basic computor, and it runs fine in both multiplayer and solo. Most people shouldnt have any problems running good FPS on this map. Please dont mod it yet, becuase im gonna keep working on it and upgrading things and release a update in the future.
WARNING: make sure you run RoR "as an administrator", otherwise the map will crash, it's like this...
- Added a full new map, dirt track, rally style
- Reworked all ground textures and materials, now features normal mapping and alpha splatting
- Reworked the vegetation a lot
- Reworked caelum sky and atmosphere
- Angelscript races for both maps
Thanks a lot to LJFHutch, who let me use his birch grass texture.
Thanks also to Lifter, I used a few objects from a previous project that he modelled and I textured.
You may like to download the K700 from ZTS which fits good in the scenery: http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/781
Activate the vegetation, the maps are really based on it.
If your computer can handle it, activate HDR, the maps are pretty much designed for this (will look rather dark otherwise)
Some videos better than long texts (the car in the second video is not available, don't ask)
This map is pure offroad with tons of mud, really deep water crossing, rocks,... It is inspired by the extreme offroad challenge held around Ladoga lake in Russia.
Play the map with vegetation ON otherwise it will look terrible.
It features a time race - not working with the present version of RoR, but fully functionnal otherwise.
Fir trees not made by me - I don't know who made them, thanks a lot they're great!
Rock textures from CGTextures.com
Edit by Repo Admin: Includes a version for v0.4, conversion by klink.
Been a long time in the works. Finally came to a spot I want to release it. No opening doors or dump bed, didn't wanna fuss with that stuff since I never use them. It has detail where it counts I think, in the suspension parts, texture work, damage, etc. Has a rear hitch for towing. Hope you like it.
RoR 0.4.0.7+ version! Will not work in any version below. This is a "beta", so expect errors.
- Heavily modified Flatmap with railroad line, not so flat any more ;-)
- Two versions: Normal with manually operable switches (use your mouse) and FPS with simplified switches
- All track pieces included, you can use them to build your own map
- Working buffer stops
- A nice train spawner: circle in the front is for locos, circle in the back for wagons
- Alpha splatting on terrain
- New textures
- Updated trainspawner for usage of *.train files
- Simple vegetation
- Some simple gravel roads
- Implemented the train Hall that comes with my Demag ZKKE
- Some minor tweaks
- Switches are controlled by F-Buttons: F1 left, F2 straight ahead, F3 right. Click here for a tutorial
- Be careful when you operate the switches while driving a long train above multiple switches, derailments may occur
Under certain conditions derailments may occur, so be warned.
My special thanks goes to ulteq for his great work on RoR itself!
- sputnik_1: optimizing, texturing, switches, buffer stops, additional track layout, heightmap
- donoteat: track and station meshes, track layout
- BigBoy: much help and testing, train spawner, heightmap help, catenary
- Techwolf32: original map
- The Inviteds: testing
All content is for use in Rigs of Rods only! Read the copyright file included in the zip file!
YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST RIGS OF RODS 0.38.33 TO USE THIS CAR. THIS CAR WILL NOT WORK WITH AN OLDER VERSION OF ROR.
Gavril Omega by Gabester Now with meshwheels2, ABS, and traction control, as well as other minor fixes and improvements!
The Omega is an off-road sports sedan. Choose from three versions:
Omega Six - ~300 horsepower I6 diesel base model
Omega Ten - ~500 horsepower V10 with bigger wheels and lifted suspension
Omega Twelve - 600+ horsepower V12 with a lightened chassis, stiffened lowered suspension, and street tires
Separate detaching parts (hood, doors, trunk, fenders, mirrors, and bumpers)
Stable on-road handling
Excellent off-road capability (except for the Twelve)
Four wheel drive on all models
This is 1989 FSO Polonez 1600 rally car, group A. The last evolution used in FSO works team, pretty slow compared to the previous group B version. Locked or split differential in option, traction control to simulate the limited slip differential when it is set on"split". Shortest used final ratio (5.37).
RoR's first urban map. Updated to work with 0.36.x
Map by Donoteat.
Objects by Donoteat.
Support by Lepes.
Oops Insurance building by kitteh.
Nonworking (for now) traffic lights.
Two and a half tons of distilled awesome for your enjoyment.
Starling Island is an island map for Rigs of Rods (tested with v0.38.67), tuned for roleplaying. The map features:
- Port Starling - A large coastal town with docks, a marina, emergency service buildings and lots of nasty, tight corners, everything cramped around Starling bay
- Smaller towns and islands
- A large open mining area that happens to double as a neat spot to wreck vehicles
- An airstrip
- A bus stop network
- Cute details
- 6 Starling Island public service vehicles
- 3 spawn points
- Redeye (terrain, object placement, some objects, vehicle reskins & minor modifications)
- donoteat (Penguinville buildings & roads - much of this map's eye candy heavily relies on his work)
- Betzi (houses)
- Lenni (original Sprinters & Firetruck)
- Arthur Hucksake (original Stepvan)
- Some objects from the stock North St. Helens map have been utilized
- Trees from the stock F1 test track have been utilized
1. Unpack into your Rigs of Rods "terrains" folder
2. Regenerate Cache
3. Have fun!
Please delete your old Starling-Island folder before you install this one.
- Updated the Weasel rescue boat with the new, smoother-handling version
- Converted lots of textures to .dds
- Minor stuff
- Unless bugs or issues with future RoR versions arise, this is considered the "final" Starling Island. Have fun!
Originally made for the 10-Day Trail Truck Build-Off, but we decided it was a good idea to finish it up and release a final version.
Base pickup/Light trail rig
Heavy duty dually pickup/Hauling rig
Fully detailed and realistic meshes
Realistic performance and limitations on all versions
Opening doors, hood and tailgate (F1-F8)
Animated pedals, shifter and steering wheel
MP ready flextires
This is my little Suzuki Samurai crawler. It was originally supposed to be a budget rig but as progress went on too much money was spent! The truck is inspired by a seemingly unremarkable drawing i found randomly on the internet but i thought it was cool.
- Beautifully animated leaf springs and double shackles (Rather mesmerizing to stare at while they move.)
- Heavy to extreme rock crawling capabilities.
- Light to medium pre-running capabilities.
- Fully meshed body and various parts including a super nice 4 cylinder engine thanks to Prt_Audiman!
- Custom sounds thanks to Prt_Audiman!
- Hood, doors, and windshield are openable
- Includes 2 main versions
- A civilian model
- A military version with a freely swiveling Browning M1919 Machine gun!
- One with Brown camo and One with Green camo
- V2 versions of the military truck has military wheels and tires!
1-2 crawling low gear ratios
3-7 normal high gear ratios
New map that I made with lots of rock crawling trails. A few custom built roads for hauling. A baja race with checkpoints (timer not working), and various desert things. Make shift landing area for planes (just so they weren't left out completely).
This is just a all around useful map for anything really... Enjoy.
Quite big update, even if everything cannot be seen:
- A big rock
- More trails
- Performance optimization
- Underwater is dark
- Detailled textures reworked
- Better shading
A small island with detailled ground for offroad fun! Try to get on the water near the marina, there is a path there.
You will also find a giant parabolic antenna and an oil buoy inspired by Brent Spar where you can land with an helicopter.
There is also a little rock-crawling trail.
Hope you'll like it
Thanks Lifter for testing
CGtextures for Brent Spar and ground
Map made with L3DT
This car was originally made by dhymers sometime ago. I basically redid the whole thing. The meshes are all redone, the nb is tuned and is substantially faster. Handles realistically and crashes pretty well.
dhymers, original creator
rorlover563, redoing it
And a thanks to Austin_ for a bunch of blender help.
READ THIS!: on some maps when you spawn it in the garage the mesh will turn sideways. Use the ingame spawner not the truck spawner. Thanks!
Diamond Brook is a small town map that I made! I have tested it and it works very well with only one bug where the grass messes up a bit (Not where you can't use it)
I worked very hard on this map and I hope you like it!
CTRL + F1/F2: Tongue Jacks
CTRL + F3/F4: Main Ramp
CTRL + F5/F6: Ramp Tip
CTRL + F7/F8: Suspension Height
"O": Lock Load Onto Deck
(Trailer is enter-able through the vehicles drop down in case you need to reset)
- Skins are allowed but must be in skinzip format
- All skins must be approved through pm. Dont post them here until i approve.
- Do not use my wheels and tires on anything else.
All vehicles have opening hood/doors, and the pickups have opening tailgates also. This helps with making them crash more realistic. Best crash is about 50mph or so IMO. The dually has a 5th wheel hitch, the Ext cab has a bumper pull hitch. The Ext Cab can also load a bobcat in the bed and tie it down.
Place the zip in your packs or vehicles folder and enjoy.
This is another mod to the BoxDodgeRam. This time, it's been modded into a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.9L V8 Magnum and the 46RE 4-speed automatic transmission. I fixed the gear ratios and the max speed is 171 MPH, much higher than it was designed to go to. It's also been equipped with a 97dB Ecco back-up alarm and double flashing strobes in the fog lights and brake lights. The tailgate, doors, and hood still move. I updated the file with quieter sounds. All sounds are from my 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Lone Peak - Hill Climb map
Mainly added angel script race, and reworked detailled textures a bit. Also the terrain should look less polygonal in the background
The goal of this map is to give you a smooth road for hill climbing. Take a powerful rear drive car and go!
- Smooth road, spec and normal mapped
- Alpha-splatting (detailled textures)
- Marina, ferry gate, multiple load and truck spawners
And many more!
Thanks to Lenni for letting me use his stone bridge
Thanks to Lifter for providing the very cool road shader
Thanks to invited members for valuable beta testing
Most of the textures from CGTextures.com
Everything made with L3DT, Blender and GIMP
TIP: disabling vegetation should highly increase your framerate
Hi! i have recently received permission to release this and I am proud to present you guys with my version of LILGTI and FERRETTANK'S FJ40 . EVERYTHING you see on this truck is from the original truck itself and made by the ORIGINAL authors except for the simex tires and control arms done by me and. I edited the .truck file and some meshes to make everything fit.
PLEASE CHECK FORUM FOR THE LATEST UPDATES! FJ-40-mod
TRUCK 1 LongJ (truggy)
- stretched body and frame
- 4 link suspension upgrade
- FATALFIE wheel beems
- shock monts for the frame
- large simex tires
TRUCK 2 long normal
i made this to have a more stock look
- larger scale leaf springs
- spring over axle conversion thingy
- slightly smaller simex tires
alot of thanks to the original authors
lilgti and ferrettank
thanks to fatalfie for his wheel beams!
you may have to move the original truck file for the skins to work but thats it! its pretty stable
i forgot to include the tuber version all credits go to the same people
fixed window and body placement on the tuber
No more updates
The permission to upload skins of this was given in the thread:
Originally Posted by Stoat Muldoon
-You can redistribute custom skins without restriction and without having to ask permission
The skin is compatible with the original one and this one: Skin-Requests
If there's anything not ok with please PM me.
Edit: I think I can't add a comment, so here's my answer to Magnums question: You won't be able to use this skin then. But everybody can open a .truck file, you don't need a program for that as Windows says you. Tell Windows that you want to open it with your text editor and it will work.
You need the flexbody patch, all 3 trucks are flexbody
I tried to make them very realistic in every way. They handle well for a pickup truck, and can do alot of things. You can drive a bobcat or other vehicle into the bed of the bumper pull version, and strap it down, then raise the tailgate back up and drive. The wrecker can tow most any light vehicles well. It has a extendable cable to help recover vehicles. The trucks include a good interior, and steering wheel.
Edit by Repo Admin: File fixed by Off-Roader to work in recent versions.
This is fall Run, a terrain i started .. i think in the fall here last year! me and it went through some hard times lol but it is finished.
there are a few versions that include a low FPS, FPS a Detailed version that uses a tweaked version of the ETTerrain.material, two races have been added, one on the road and one off.
there's a little something i added in to have fun with and you may see it when you go to load your terrains, just look for slinky :P
i tried a few new things with this terrain, fire particles, other particles, sounds and water and the new material.
credits to haselnut116601 from the Ror forums here for the cat 330c animation, the (ashes48_330c.skeleton) very cool stuff! and i think this will open something new up to new terrains
check the readme for more credits and use of these files.