On-line race ranking massive development
by, 09-21-12 at 08:54 PM (7687 Views)
Thomas is wonderful! That being said...
Have a look at the Multiplayer tab if you didn't have a chance those last days/weeks/months
A major improvement in the game, in my opinion, is the recent development of on-line timescores.
If you're not familiar with it yet,
let me guide you through
Begin by clicking the multiplayer tab of the forum.
You'll arrive to a fancy page with a lot of icons
- See the latest changes in the leaderboards
- See some key figures, updated real-time - you can see that it's pretty succesful already, looks like you like racing ;-)
And a brand new functionnality, every user gets a global ranking! You can now access it by clicking this fancy button:
It will get you to a global chart with a lot of information, and the global ranking! There is a ultra-secret formula to compute it.
"Some say" that it accounts, amongst others, for the mass of sweat you produced when racing...
You can sort it by the criteria you like, for example the amount of races done ever:
If you want to know a bit more about a competitor, or see your own medals and palmares, click a user name:
It will get you to the profile page, where you'll have noticed that you have a new tab called "races", where you can see all your medals:
You want more people? OK, you can track yourself, or someone else by viewing all the data, and sorting it how you like by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page "view all data".
The race system itself is full of functionnalities!
It is now possible to set
Then again, a lot of info for you to analyze, such as graphic illustration of the quality of each section of the race
it's green - you did a good time in that section
it's red - well, you know what it means, don't you?
And you can comment your laps and linking to a video of it 8-| That's just great!
So you're making maps
If you have uploaded a terrain on the repository, and you'd like some on-line leaderboards to be created for you, contact me (DeGa) through PM.
- You will need to provide 1 image per race, uploaded in a public place (nothing related to rigs of rods forums), closest from 16:9 ratio, min 500*300
- You will need to race all your races yourself, and make sure that your times land here
- Race the EXACT version you uploaded on the repository (best practice is to upload, download this exact file, race it)
- Include in your PM if you would like to have vehicle-specific races - in this case, again, race this exact race, with this exact vehicle
- Be polite ;-)
If you're used to publish maps for RoR, you will be given direct access to the management of your races.
Total Trackbacks 0