Well I figured I would add something to my blog here because I wanted to see what this was all about, and how it works.
Since I do not create things for RoR like I used to, BUT I still really enjoy reading and participating on these forums, my blog will be about... the forum itself.
So I will try to update my blog once a day over the weekdays.
This blog will include various things I find interesting throughout the forum. It will be divided into several sections:
1. SCREENSHOT OF THE DAY - this will come from the screenshots section, and will simply be a screenshot that I find cool/funny/etc.
2. THE TRANSLATOR - this will be where I dive into one of the international forums, copy and paste a post here and attempt to translate it into English.
3. RAGE POST OF THE DAY!!!11oneone - this will be where I find the best from some very angry person somewhere on the forums
4. SIR, YOUR CAR NEEDS TO BE BUSHED AND SET... PUSHED IN A BUSH AND SET ON FIRE - Here I will find a new(ish) project that looks like it has some potential, and share it here
5. WILDCARD - this last section will change from day to day.
Sligthly reworled RoR-screenshot of the Skycrane CH-54 flying at night above Penguineville
Updated 09-17-10 at 01:18 AM by Lifter
Tatra T813 8x8
Coop project with Betzi, he is doing the mesh & texture works, making a really good job there. Thanks a lot.
Main Mesh donated by drracer from tatraportal
My part: Node/Beam construct, vehicle physics and behaviour
- full flexbody including crash damage, working leafsprings, doors popping up and deforming while crashing- flextires with a special runflat treatment to avoid
- realistic working boardgates
Project Status: 65%
- Shader works missing
- Dashboard and some interior meshes and animations missing
- N/B needs some more work for ropables, hooknodes etc
- collision nodes and submeshing still missing
Updated 09-16-10 at 10:18 AM by Lifter
CH 54 Skycrane
Coop project with DeGA, he is doing the texture works, and he made a really good job there. Thanks a lot.
My part: Node/Beam construct, flexbody and prop meshes(quite a lot animated stuff in there so far), flight physics
- full flexbody including crash damage and flexing main rotorblades
- realistic rotorhead mechanics with cyclic and collective blade-tilt like in the real world
- advanced cargo load system, adjustable to almost any kind of load
- lifts up to 8 tons, like the real one
- shaders for spec and normalmapping ( hopefully)
- tons of animated props featuring a full cockpit with dashboard, working rotorshafts and lots of other stuff
- full gyro stabilized
Project Status: 95%
- Still trying to get shaders for normal mapping to work with both, Nvidia and ATI cards.
- Some minor interior meshes still missing
Updated 09-16-10 at 10:19 AM by Lifter
Hello Rigs of Rods community...this is my first blog ever.
I will use this feature just to keep you informed about projects and codeworks of my own for RoR.
This is a moderated blog, so do not beg or ask for releases, i will strictly delete entries like this.
Same rules for political, religious or offending stuff.
Updated 09-16-10 at 10:21 AM by Lifter
GET IN THE CAR
Updated 09-19-10 at 04:58 PM by donoteat