A project by philzilla and I
Also I released the Unimog U5000 beta here
Updated 09-17-10 at 04:21 AM by ferrettank
1. SCREENSHOT OF THE DAY
Well, todays choices were kind of limited since all the forum attachments seem to be broken. However, this one caught my eye:
Wow. That looks awesome.
2. THE TRANSLATOR
bonjour à vous tous , je c'est que les grue que je site dans mon sujet a été retiré du site pour raison copyright .... , mais soyon sympas , beaucoup d'entre vous l'ont déja je pense , et je voudrais savoir si il y aurait quelqu'un qui pourrai me les envoyer par mail svp.
mon mail : ***********@hotmail.com
Hi everyone, I love this crane so much I added a light bar and spinners but it got removed from the repository because the original owner didn't like my changes. I spent 5 hours positioning the light bar and another three hours making spinners in MS paint and now I'm really REALLY mad. I am going to perform a DDoS attack on this website now. If you want it to stop here is my email.
mon mail : **********@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance.
3. RAGE POST OF THE DAY!!!11oneone
HELP!!!! HOW DO YOU GET BIG RIGS TRAILERS INGAME????
How do you?? Any help is apreciated!
YOU MAD? You REALLY want that trailer don't you - so bad you forgot how to use the spacebar, CAPSLOCK, AND how to spell appreciated? SOMEONE GET HIM THAT TRAILER - FAST.
4. SIR, YOUR CAR NEEDS TO BE BUSHED AND SET... PUSHED IN A BUSH AND SET ON FIRE
Well there are no good pictures for me to look at for WIP vehicles since attachments are broken. I'll have to wait for this one I guess.
I like the new forum... its a sure sign that a project is growing when you outgrow a piece of forum software. I just wish the attachments would have been carried over, as looking at the stuff that people are working on is always fun.
On another note, I'm waiting for the MP servers to come back up - I've had a lot of fun driving around with people in multiplayer, it seems to be decently stable at the moment. I still wish we could winch/tow/ram into each other though...
Well I figured I would add something to my blog here because I wanted to see what this was all about, and how it works.
Since I do not create things for RoR like I used to, BUT I still really enjoy reading and participating on these forums, my blog will be about... the forum itself.
So I will try to update my blog once a day over the weekdays.
This blog will include various things I find interesting throughout the forum. It will be divided into several sections:
1. SCREENSHOT OF THE DAY - this will come from the screenshots section, and will simply be a screenshot that I find cool/funny/etc.
2. THE TRANSLATOR - this will be where I dive into one of the international forums, copy and paste a post here and attempt to translate it into English.
3. RAGE POST OF THE DAY!!!11oneone - this will be where I find the best from some very angry person somewhere on the forums
4. SIR, YOUR CAR NEEDS TO BE BUSHED AND SET... PUSHED IN A BUSH AND SET ON FIRE - Here I will find a new(ish) project that looks like it has some potential, and share it here
5. WILDCARD - this last section will change from day to day.
Sligthly reworled RoR-screenshot of the Skycrane CH-54 flying at night above Penguineville
Updated 09-17-10 at 02:18 AM by Lifter
Tatra T813 8x8
Coop project with Betzi, he is doing the mesh & texture works, making a really good job there. Thanks a lot.
Main Mesh donated by drracer from tatraportal
My part: Node/Beam construct, vehicle physics and behaviour
- full flexbody including crash damage, working leafsprings, doors popping up and deforming while crashing- flextires with a special runflat treatment to avoid
- realistic working boardgates
Project Status: 65%
- Shader works missing
- Dashboard and some interior meshes and animations missing
- N/B needs some more work for ropables, hooknodes etc
- collision nodes and submeshing still missing
Updated 09-16-10 at 11:18 AM by Lifter
CH 54 Skycrane
Coop project with DeGA, he is doing the texture works, and he made a really good job there. Thanks a lot.
My part: Node/Beam construct, flexbody and prop meshes(quite a lot animated stuff in there so far), flight physics
- full flexbody including crash damage and flexing main rotorblades
- realistic rotorhead mechanics with cyclic and collective blade-tilt like in the real world
- advanced cargo load system, adjustable to almost any kind of load
- lifts up to 8 tons, like the real one
- shaders for spec and normalmapping ( hopefully)
- tons of animated props featuring a full cockpit with dashboard, working rotorshafts and lots of other stuff
- full gyro stabilized
Project Status: 95%
- Still trying to get shaders for normal mapping to work with both, Nvidia and ATI cards.
- Some minor interior meshes still missing
Updated 09-16-10 at 11:19 AM by Lifter
Hello Rigs of Rods community...this is my first blog ever.
I will use this feature just to keep you informed about projects and codeworks of my own for RoR.
This is a moderated blog, so do not beg or ask for releases, i will strictly delete entries like this.
Same rules for political, religious or offending stuff.
Updated 09-16-10 at 11:21 AM by Lifter
GET IN THE CAR
Updated 09-19-10 at 05:58 PM by donoteat